• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lets break the lately LEO trend on NES

They're out there. Just too few of them. Why isn't that ocifer teaching at the academy? We could use more of his kind.

It is nice to see a guy who is not hostile towards people. But I will also say that the .gov would love to see more of him out there because they make bank of those speeding tickets and he seemed to make people happy about getting them.

I have nothing against patrol officers for the most part. I have absolutely no respect for any Chief in MA. When they stop having full control over issuing LTC , and stop insisted on the "suitability" standard, then, maybe, I will have some respect for them.

I have nothing against patrol officers for the most part. I have absolutely no respect for any Chief in MA. When they stop having full control over issuing LTC , and stop insisted on the "suitability" standard, then, maybe, I will have some respect for them.

Why? It's not their call, and some of them only issue "no restriction" LTCs.

Problem is you can only dig up one of those videos a month while you can sit on youtube and wait for hundreds of the other end of the spectrum to be uploaded every single day.

One of my friends who just graduated from the academy is probably the nicest guy I've ever met and I'd be stunned if he ever actually pissed anyone off. We always joke that we find him incapable of writing a ticket. As a Sgt in the Marine Corps I think I've seen him yell once, and it was more like talking sternly. MOST cops are good people. The shitheads just make a loud and clear name for themselves.

Mike

The law is what gives them the control, that's not necessarily something they can forfeit. The best any chief can do is "shall issue no reference letters" and respect the statutory requirements and process an app as fast as they can. There are a few PDs that do this, but even in MA amongst green town there are very few that don't require the stupid "reference letters" on a new app.

-Mike

Problem is you can only dig up one of those videos a month while you can sit on youtube and wait for hundreds of the other end of the spectrum to be uploaded every single day.

Like "Mass Shootings" and "Shootings that occurs during self defense."

What makes headlines more?

What gets more hits on YouTube?

True, but think about it. There's no reason for someone to post a video of a traffic stop where the cop was professional, courteous, and issued a verbal warning followed by a "have a nice day."

The behavior of all police should be out in the open for all to see, good and bad, but if it bleeds, it leads.

The behavior of all police should be out in the open for all to see, good and bad
Agreed. Every single cop should be forced to wear body cameras at all times with no access to make it "malfunction" when accusations are thrown around. Add to that a shred of accountability when a cop is nailed committing a crime and almost every problem with civilians vs police goes away. Protects them from BS abuse complaints and protects everyone else from someone who is currently pretty much above any law. The only losers are the supposedly few "bad apples" and the rare idiot trying to get some free money from a town by bouncing his own face off a sidewalk.

It used to be that the "bad cop" was the exception to the rule, now, the "good cop" appears to be the exception.

Your painting with a broad brush. One of my good hunting buddies is a COP. Hes one of the most pro 2a guys i know. He's also the first one to make fun of these supercop type idiots. Does not even let his guys high speed chase etc...

He could care less about the control issue of having to give out permits because he gives everyone an ltc ALP. But its part of his job because thats the law.

Yes there are good common sense police out there.

Most of them are old school....unfortunately this new breed of anti constitutional ******* control freak is out there too. They should be weeded out by our legislators and by us. But our legislators and judges coddle and enable those type of *******s and use rhem as a strongarm.

In the end its the voters fault for letting this happen. We have a bunch of liberal scared sheep that want a police state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your painting with a broad brush. One of my good hunting buddies is a COP. Hes one of the most pro 2a guys i know. He's also the first one to make fun of these supercop type idiots. Does not even let his guys high speed chase etc...

He could care less about the control issue of having to give out permits because he gives everyone an ltc ALP. But its part of his job because thats the law.

Does his app require reference letters? [laugh] I have to ask this. I've only ever heard of a handful that don't in MA.

-Mike

Does his app require reference letters? [laugh] I have to ask this. I've only ever heard of a handful that don't in MA.

-Mike

Medford doesn't require letters, just references. But they restrict everyone except the special people.

Medford doesn't require letters, just references. But they restrict everyone except the special people.

They also appear to not downgrade "move ins" or at least one of my friends is there with an A/None, but he didn't get his first one there.

-Mike

-Mike

No he doesn't, nor does my CLEO in my town, my buddy at work is redoing his in Leicester and he doesn't need them either, at least for his renewal he doesn't. My dad just got his renewal in oxford and the dont require it either.

Last edited:
Letters are usually just for a first time application. BHSC is mandatory in some towns for renewals (LTC), FID's require no BHSC for renewals by law.

Back
Top Bottom