• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

lethal force; where would you aim

I've never had to and I hope I never will. That said practice whatever your choice is. You will have enough to think about without dealing with the draw, aim, shoot during a high stress situation. My standard routine was draw, first DA, second SA, third SA, reevaluate. A simple triple tap (2 to center mass, 1 to the head). Years and 10K+ rounds later, three at a time, on just 2 guns, and even after a vacation from guns, it's still muscle memory.... and then I went out and got a different gun and screwed it up, had to start all over again.

Center mass. I'm such a lousy shot it'll probably be a head shot or a balls shot anyway.
We were taught to aim center mass at PI during boot. At 500 yards, I aimed for the throat area of the silhouette targets. At that distance, the M855 ball rounds struck the upper chest when fired from the M16A4. I received an Expert Rifleman rating. Definitely aim for center mass in a fight.

Last edited:
since every man loves his balls and might live to regret, this is one less lethal option with plenty of rational for the perp. too reconsider their actions.

With that much time to aim, I say back off and deploy the tactical trebuchet...

dXwBiI8_d.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

headshot, center mass for a quick dispatch or elsewhere. genitals: since every man loves his balls and might live to regret, this is one less lethal option with plenty of rational for the perp. too reconsider their actions.

I always wear a trauma plate duct taped to my chest under my shirt and carry another one in my briefcase. That way I can shield my head while my SO (we work as a team) pulls a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl from her briefcase. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up - no trauma plate.*

* hat tip Gecko45

I ain't shootin nobody. I just carry a gun cuz I bought all my pants a size to big to fit an IWB holster cuz NES told me to. I don't even put boolits in it. It is purely a fashion accessory.

F52FD99F-7E12-47FF-929E-D18F3C20CB0C.gif
I always wear a trauma plate duct taped to my chest under my shirt and carry another one in my briefcase. That way I can shield my head while my SO (we work as a team) pulls a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl from her briefcase. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up - no trauma plate.*

* hat tip Gecko45

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Or center mass.

Oh sure. You wait until after you take the shotgun course to say 00 Buckshot. What about the rest of us without shotgun cred.

Lol. I used to think of Buckshot as a "splattering" of lead. Now I know it can be a lot more focused with the right ammo choice, technique and target distance.

Now, get to class!

(plus, I want to know how your M1 90-Supertac does in the course...)

Lol. I used to think of Buckshot as a "splattering" of lead. Now I know it can be a lot more focused with the right ammo choice, technique and target distance.

Now, get to class!

(plus, I want to know how your M1 90-Supertac does in the course...)

Yeah. I want to know too. I would also like to know if the 870, 590A1,or the M1 Super 90 work best.

at the gun in his hand, so as to send it skittering across the floor without injuring the perp?

;)

nah, on 2nd thought, center mass

Back
Top Bottom