lethal force; where would you aim

headshot, center mass for a quick dispatch or elsewhere. genitals: since every man loves his balls and might live to regret, this is one less lethal option with plenty of rational for the perp. too reconsider their actions.

Last edited:
Shoot the weapon out of his hand first. Even if he doesn't have a weapon shooting his hand off sends the right message and prevents any surprises. If he's still in the fight shoot at his feet to make him jump around and dance, like in the cartoons. No big deal here if you actually hit a foot. Assuming he still hasn't relented then you'd be within your rights to shoot him in the upper torso. He'll think it's a sucking chest wound and go down but with the right shot placement you might get away with only messing up his collarbone. No dead body = no murder/manslaughter charge.

That's all assuming you're in MA anyway.

Center Mass - always; and shoot until the threat is suppressed - meaning don't wait for a reaction from the perp (drugs and adrenalin do funny things).
FBI used to train "2 shots. check". However, they discovered that this lead to FBI agents being shot at a much higher rate. They switched to "Shoot until threat eliminated." Sometimes that means empty the mag, reload, empty another mag.

the only time i came close was at the channel club in boston punk era late 1970's, black flag with henry rollins was on the bill. just left the club and was proudly wearing this bondage adam in the ants tee shirt recently purchased on a london trip. rollins: a pudgy, halfpint, squirt kid at the time was outside and and mouthed off how that band sucked. i retorted with; "at least his band made it and did not have to play in dumpy second rate venues" and walked away. rollins; "what you say, i'll kick your ass" and started following me into of the darkness of channel parking lot. i had a s&w j frame 38 iwb and a can of mace, i kept walking to my car. lucky he stopped; on the bright side would have put an end to one less shit band. the stuff i saw in england was far superior to anything here

Last edited:
Depends. Handguns are thrown at the face.

tenor.gif

Rifles are thrown center mass.

John_Wick_3.gif

You were talking about throwing them, right?

I always carry my EDC with an empty chamber and two snap caps as first two rounds in the magazine to be on the safe side (if a bad guy takes my gun away and tries to shoot me with it he is in for a surprise). So lethal force is out of the question for me...I simply would try to talk a bad guy into changing his mind and giving up.

I begin by firing at the weapon in their hand. As they are stunned by my immaculate sharpshooting and turn to flee, I will the take a shot at their Achilles to prevent escape. While they collapse, I take a cigarette out of my front pocket and light it. As they crawl away and behind cover, I then fire while simultaneously whipping my arm as quickly as possible from left to right, bending the bullet which then lands inch away from them. A warning to stay where they are.

I'll then call authorities so they may begin their important paperwork duties.

This is the only proper way of doing things, no lethal force required. Only pure marksmanship

Back
Top Bottom