• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let’s see your conceal carry holsters

Man I love this thing. It's a cheap no-name on amazon, but these guys got it right.

A retention strap between the backstrap and the tang means "those guys" don't understand the importance of attaining a master grip before unholstering.
All well made holsters with retention straps route them over the rear of the slide so as to not impede acquiring a proper grip.

A retention strap between the backstrap and the tang means "those guys" don't understand the importance of attaining a master grip before unholstering.
All well made holsters with retention straps route them over the rear of the slide so as to not impede acquiring a proper grip.
I don't think you understood my post at all

Unless that one has a safety I wouldn't even consider it.
I don't know about that one, but mine does, and I'd like to give it a try. But I need to see how it attaches from the other side.

agreed
reading a thread about holsters is pure cringe
clips with no trigger guard cover
straps that completely block one's draw
enormous piles of leather or kydex with tiny gun inside
it's pewdiepie level cringe

G 36 in a Tagua owb universal kydex strongside ( right), my edc. Spare mag carrier on left side.
Not the fanciest or most expensive holster, but works for me.
IMG_20200315_153637.jpg

Yes like other said manual safety is a must. Although they do have trigger guards but that seems kind of clumsy

Glock 17k with Surefire XC-1 in "The Keeper" AIWB holster from Keeper's Concealment modified with a Tek-Lock by me.

View attachment 338841
I really want to try one of Keeper’s Concealment holsters, but for the moment my two go to holsters are KSG Armories (which is essentially a modified Raven Concealment holster for non Glock firearms, Phlster Floodlight and I have a Raven for my G19.
Love the phlster floodlight for a majority of activities. It’s nice to be able to rotate a gun every 4-6 months and keep the same holster while still maintaining safety and performance. I’ve had the KSG Armory now for 4 years and apart from some oxidizing of the heads of the two visible screws has been perfect. 0C36E95B-9B45-4806-8769-F5F32C811213.jpeg
49B59BDE-6F9C-4DF7-B76E-6480938042CB.jpeg ADE9453A-166F-45C5-8CA2-20E4A5A364FB.jpeg 10A5090E-A323-4A72-8FBF-36C456385116.jpeg

MK Tek for me as well. He’ll spend as much time as you need to set up a combination that works for you. He said my clip/strap preference is unusual, but that gun and holster take a beating and stay put. Not sure where you are, but he’s in Rockland MA. 4D747FD5-C59C-4018-9123-3EE763D20E7B.jpeg

MK Tek for me as well. He’ll spend as much time as you need to set up a combination that works for you. He said my clip/strap preference is unusual, but that gun and holster take a beating and stay put. Not sure where you are, but he’s in Rockland MA. View attachment 338961
Interesting setup. I don’t think I’ve seen a soft loop clip combo before.

I don't know how tight your clothes are, but sometimes we have to compromise to achieve concealment and comfort. The degree of compromise is up to you.

For overall thinness of the IWB package, a kydex holster with the belt loops on "wings" rather than on top of the pistol will be the thinnest overall. If that's too scratchy, a composite with kydex pocket on a leather backer is good, such as the Crossbreed. I don't recommend Comp-Tac holsters, don't like the construction. The wider holster will also help hold the grip against your body.

Most people find appendix carry the most concealable as there is more room in the front of your pants than on the side or rear. Also best for keeping control of the firearm if you are in crowds, and quickest to deploy.

However I do IWB, I like to wear a t-shirt under my shirt, to keep the grip from chafing me.

Finding a holster I liked for the P365 took a few tries, but I settled on a kydex IWB by Bradec. Great product, great price.

Really appreciate all the input guys. I looked over a lot of the options suggested here and the two that caught my eye the most are the Vedder LightTuck and the G-Code Incog. Has anyone by any chance used both of these and can offer pros and cons?

I’ve only had Vedder LightTuck of the two above. Great for fast draw times and comfortable for daily carry. I was going to recommend the Alien Gear Shapeshift IWB because you’ve got two clips lots of customization options, It’s really comfortable to carey for multiple hours and you’ve got fast draw times and it’s durable.

Made this a while ago, very happy with it. It also has the P.I.S.S system in it. The Parson Integrated Safety System. I made a piece of leather that sits under the safety in the on position, that way the safety cannot be taken off while in holster. I follow that up with the S.H.I.T. Training. Super High Intensity Training is done many time at the range. 0A3D3003-9A6E-42A7-83C7-A943D778C7AE.jpeg

Interesting design but light on the pictures of the holster in action. Have a link to any good ones or some of your own?

I don’t but you won’t be disappointed. Also great warranty and customer service.A few of the screws on mine got rusty which was 100% my fault. I emailed them because they didn’t have all of the hardware available online so I asked to buy what they didn’t list and instead they sent me all of the hardware no charge.

Back
Top Bottom