Let’s see the hard use beaters

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
BD07EE14-7D5B-459C-A375-F4CCD70DB624.jpeg 637AC424-EECE-4335-9D5E-A8306100B889.jpeg I respect fellow knife collectors however I’m a guy who uses my knives rather than buy them and not use them. Let’s see some beaters! Here is my workhorse the Cold Steel Recon 1, it’s too big for EDC but I do carry it from time to time if I’m in the woods or need it at work otherwise it’s stationed in my truck full time. This thing is a beast, one time I went to my Sisters Boyfriends house last winter and they wanted a fire but had no kindling, I actually used this to split logs, I tapped it all the way through a small log and made kindling, everyone was impressed, I highly recommend this knife. No doubt the steel is “Soft” but it takes about a minute to get surgically sharp again, the locking mechanism is as strong as you can get.

Pretty impressive batoning wood with a serrated edge. That’s something I’ve never tried before, did the teeth catch with every whack? Break off at all like sharks teeth? Sounds like a fine, tough knife.

Pretty impressive batoning wood with a serrated edge. That’s something I’ve never tried before, did the teeth catch with every whack? Break off at all like sharks teeth? Sounds like a fine, tough knife.
As you can see in my pics the serrations are all good, there was enough flat edge meat to tap into the wood for kindling. I can’t say I actually batoned the wood, just put the flat edge on the end and tapped it all the way down to split the wood. It’s a SOLID piece

As you can see in my pics the serrations are all good, there was enough flat edge meat to tap into the wood for kindling. I can’t say I actually batoned the wood, just put the flat edge on the end and tapped it all the way down to split the wood. It’s a SOLID piece

Gotcha. Guess in my head I was imagining using that blade to halve and then quarter some logs, sounds like you used it on the edges tho to just trim off some small kindling? I’m tracking now. Tough blade for sure.

Nice Izula! I have some Esee’s and like them, the only drawback is they rust unless you stay on top of them. I line the blade with olive oil and have never had a problem with rust

Now this is a thread I can compete in!

C566C12D-8750-40C6-92FA-24F4A1961EE8.jpeg

My scout knife, says Forest Master on handle.

4FFD749C-4240-4366-BECE-321FE1EBED10.jpeg
My Buck 112, rebuilt once by the factory after I snapped the blade in half.

12284DD5-8805-4ED6-A2BC-D1E31E57447C.jpeg
Henry Old Timer that used to be my “dress up knife” until time took its toll.

AA32093B-321B-48CC-9AE4-1AC5650B5A98.jpeg
Old Trapper knife. Can’t tell who made it.

I carry other knives, but as you may notice, these get the brunt of duty. Seems I always have one of these on me

Old friends may be ugly, but they are trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom