Leominster residents who were forced to let PD photograph tattoos for LTC

I was asked about "large tattoos or large permanent marks on my body" in my green town. I started to point to a large tattoo on my arm and he kind of just said "don't worry about" and went about processing my fingerprints and didn't seem to care. Almost like he was suppose to ask but didn't really want to or care about it

hmmm - well I said that when I was up for a promotion, I was going to get some new ink....not that Charlton sucks like this, but still, methinks Im going to get something very very very pro 2A

This is either BS, a VERY recent policy change, or an isolated case. I've lived in Leominster for 50 years. I've had my LTC for 30 years and have renewed under 3 different chiefs. I've never been asked about tattoos during the LTC application/renewal process. My wife, daughters, and friends that have recently (over the past 3 years) applied for LTC's have never been asked if they have tattoos, never mind had pics taken. I have dozens of student that applied for LTC's between 2014 and 2015 and not one of them mentioned anything to me about this policy following their interviews. If there were people required to have pics taken then I hope there is a lawsuit in the works and someone loses their job. I just have a had time believing that it is/was a policy.

while it didn't happen to me, it happened to my friend's wife and to my fiancee. i showed up with a short sleeve shirt on and my tattoos were visible and i wasn't asked.

i don't know the level of ****ery that went on outside this, but two people i know, both female, were subjected to that bullshit harassment. outside of these two cases i didn't hear anything else from my friends in town, so i have no idea why they were singled out and demeaned in such a fashion.

while it didn't happen to me, it happened to my friend's wife and to my fiancee. i showed up with a short sleeve shirt on and my tattoos were visible and i wasn't asked.

i don't know the level of ****ery that went on outside this, but two people i know, both female, were subjected to that bullshit harassment. outside of these two cases i didn't hear anything else from my friends in town, so i have no idea why they were singled out and demeaned in such a fashion.

Perhaps have them reach out to goal? Sounds to me that they are looking to get testimony in support of the new bill they are pressing restricting any additional requirements beyond the state laws.

How long ago was this incident? Like I said I renewed in June,2014 and no letters of reference or mention of tattoo's. Who asked for this info, civilian employee or Cop?

How long ago was this incident? Like I said I renewed in June,2014 and no letters of reference or mention of tattoo's. Who asked for this info, civilian employee or Cop?

2012-2013. civilian employee was doing licenses at the time, do they have a cop doing that now?

Again, renewal experiences don't really mean/show anything. The process people face from one to the other is distinctly different. This reliably true probably 8 out of 10 times for any town in MA. So a person originally licensed from (wherever) that renews in Leominster on expiration, will never experience it. This is the reason why lots of "washed" folks with unrestricteds even move into red towns now and don't get downgraded, because the PD accepts the renewal applicant "at face value" and just presses the buttons and gets it processed. Not that Leominster is red that way but the idea/concept is the same. Only the shit deep, deep-red towns will subject renewals to any kind of garbage/obstruction. I think the rest of them don't think it's
worth it, to the extent that even other douche towns that would want to do it, don't. (Logically speaking its far easier to deter a new app than it is someone who has had a license for 6, 12, 20 years... )

My dad originally got licensed in Leominster and just renewed not long ago, the renewal took 10 minutes. When he first got his license it was a relative pain in the ass in comparison. I think Roddy was still around when he got licensed. I think he was asked about scars and tats but he has no ink but some scars. I'll ask him if he encountered anything like that.

My guess is Atilla was licensed while Roddy was still the chief (IIRC he stepped down in 2011 sometime) and by the time his GF and our friend's wife got renewed the "new regime" was in place or some LT got put in charge of licensing and some kind of procedure for new apps changed along the way.

-Mike

Last edited:
Is this not something that would be up Comm2a's wheelhouse or maybe GOAL's?

Perhaps have them reach out to goal? Sounds to me that they are looking to get testimony in support of the new bill they are pressing restricting any additional requirements beyond the state laws.

I'm pretty sure GOAL started this thread. Mike S is repeating the same request that I saw on the GOAL Facebook page, and I believe I've seen him posting GOAL official stuff here.

An awesome way to attack the stupidity of a PD even asking to photograph tattoos would be for a female applicant with a tattoo either around her nipples or vagina then filing a criminal complaint of sexual assault (if photo'd or sexual harassment if forced to answer but not photo'd)!! Quick end to what definitely should be an illegal act!!

Meaning only the women are being asked to take their clothes off? Sounds like a lawsuit in the making

Ive recently applied in leominster and have received my ltc with no restrictions. In and out in 30 mins. No unnecessary questions of any kind. Questions that were asked were from the application. Very simple and easy

Ive recently applied in leominster and have received my ltc with no restrictions. In and out in 30 mins. No unnecessary questions of any kind. Questions that were asked were from the application. Very simple and easy

Do you have ink? My guess is they probably asked about any scars tattoos etc, and if you said "no" that cuts the whole thing off at the pass.

-Mike

As Danny* said to this drunk guy who wanted his penis tattooed: "Yeah, I'll tattoo that, but there's gonna be a serious handling charge".

That was back sometime in the late 80's. Danny owned a shop in Bridgeport just down the street from Ray's Grill which was in Stratford. He did my first pieces and I used to hang out in his shop sometimes, just bullshitting about bikes, life, whatever.

Haven't thought about him in ages, just googled him, and found out he's dead. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=123202576 He was a member of the Huns at one time, so was James, wonder what the hell became of him? Him and his little brother the cop? Lot of people I've crossed paths with over the years that I have no idea what's become of. Funny how that is, you spend a couple years with a group of people, then you move away, or move on, and time gets away from you.
Oh man, sounds like you're a couple drinks and a banjo away from writing a country song.

The fun thing to do would be temporary and tasteless tattoos and coming back with different ones for each renewal in the same places every time and proudly posing for the photos. After hundreds of useless photos, which wouldn't be of any use in identifying you, the cops would look like fools.

Oh man, sounds like you're a couple drinks and a banjo away from writing a country song.

Maybe. But trust me, you don't want to to hear me sing. Not only can't I carry a tune in a bucket, I can't carry a tune in a bucket-loader. It's just funny the things that stir up memories. Good news is that I'm still creating memories.

two rats between my..............hmm [wink]

The fun thing to do would be temporary and tasteless tattoos and coming back with different ones for each renewal in the same places every time and proudly posing for the photos. After hundreds of useless photos, which wouldn't be of any use in identifying you, the cops would look like fools.

Would?.....[wink]

Back
Top Bottom