• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Leominster residents who were forced to let PD photograph tattoos for LTC

Mike S

NES Member
Hey everyone, going back to 2014 I believe, the Leominster PD was forcing people to let them document their tattoos in order to get an LTC/FID.

If you submitted to this, I would love to hear from you, please shoot me an email, [email protected].

Please put "Leominster" in the subject line.

Thanks.

Holy crap!! If this is for real that's stepping way outside the box.

It's definitely real, I heard first hand reports of it back a few years ago.

They still also unlawfully require reference letters too, but thats almost not worth mentioning considering all but like 5 green towns in MA probably
do that to new apps, people just roll over and do it because its easier than fighting it somehow.

-Mike

The same old story, nobody wants to be the test case because everybody wants their LTC without grief. The line in the sand gets incrementally further and further away and we follow, time and again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap!! If this is for real that's stepping way outside the box.

That's for sure, just one more bullsh1t requirement from your local tyrant. The fact that I had to take a test at the PD, get fingerprinted, and provide 3 reference letters, all for a nerf'd LTC, is ridiculous. Gun owner = criminal without committing a crime.

Leominster does not require references anymore.

When did this happen?

If you're basing this off a renewal experience, doesn't count, because Leominster or Fitchburg doesn't do that on renewal, only on new apps. Renewal is a lot easier you just walk in with the money at appointment time and get it done.

-Mike

I am moving to Leominster,and getting a tattoo on my ball sack.

As Danny* said to this drunk guy who wanted his penis tattooed: "Yeah, I'll tattoo that, but there's gonna be a serious handling charge".

That was back sometime in the late 80's. Danny owned a shop in Bridgeport just down the street from Ray's Grill which was in Stratford. He did my first pieces and I used to hang out in his shop sometimes, just bullshitting about bikes, life, whatever.

Haven't thought about him in ages, just googled him, and found out he's dead. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=123202576 He was a member of the Huns at one time, so was James, wonder what the hell became of him? Him and his little brother the cop? Lot of people I've crossed paths with over the years that I have no idea what's become of. Funny how that is, you spend a couple years with a group of people, then you move away, or move on, and time gets away from you.

When did this happen?

If you're basing this off a renewal experience, doesn't count, because Leominster or Fitchburg doesn't do that on renewal, only on new apps. Renewal is a lot easier you just walk in with the money at appointment time and get it done.

-Mike
The female employee who used to do the firearms license/renewals is gone. When I renewed in 2014 I was interviewed by a Police officer who did everything online and told me they follow the book. I asked about the reference's and he told me they don't require them anymore because that's not part of the law. Also, no more cash. He wanted a postal money order so I walked to the PO after he filled out the online form and returned with the money order..

As Danny* said to this drunk guy who wanted his penis tattooed: "Yeah, I'll tattoo that, but there's gonna be a serious handling charge".

That was back sometime in the late 80's. Danny owned a shop in Bridgeport just down the street from Ray's Grill which was in Stratford. He did my first pieces and I used to hang out in his shop sometimes, just bullshitting about bikes, life, whatever.

Haven't thought about him in ages, just googled him, and found out he's dead. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ctpost/obituary.aspx?pid=123202576 He was a member of the Huns at one time, so was James, wonder what the hell became of him? Him and his little brother the cop? Lot of people I've crossed paths with over the years that I have no idea what's become of. Funny how that is, you spend a couple years with a group of people, then you move away, or move on, and time gets away from you.

[h=3]The Allman Brothers Band - No One To Run With - YouTube[/h]

I am a resident of Leominster. While I renewed prior to the new licensing officer, I am curious about this. If it is in fact true, I will certainly be hiring an attorney next go around as I will absolutely not stand for this bullshit. No effing way. Also, my fiancé who plans to get her license will not be taking her shirt and bra off to allow photos of all her tattoos. Not a chance.

How would they know if you have ink if you A) don't disclose and B) it ain't t visible? Just curious... And if you failed to disclose and they somehow found out after you got your LTC they could not use it against you as it not "law" nor could they use it for future denial under the same premise. It would just take one dude/gal with funds and a good lawyer to cash in on that one ...

I am a resident of Leominster. While I renewed prior to the new licensing officer, I am curious about this. If it is in fact true, I will certainly be hiring an attorney next go around as I will absolutely not stand for this bullshit. No effing way. Also, my fiancé who plans to get her license will not be taking her shirt and bra off to allow photos of all her tattoos. Not a chance.
*****Like I said I think it's a moot point.

Leominster does not require references anymore.

They still do require references. I am from leominster and just got my ltc and two reference letters were required. Also two references (not letters) are required for renewals. There is a new chief so things could have changed

They still do require references. I am from leominster and just got my ltc and two reference letters were required. Also two references (not letters) are required for renewals. There is a new chief so things could have changed

No, that's the way it always was. He got confused because the way the twin cities handle renewals vs newbs is two totally different things. Renewals are easy, getting in the door, not so much.

I think I would tell them I have a tattoo on the inside of my ass crack. "Yes officer its there, Look a little closer." Brain to sphincter, you may fire when ready...

Although I know agree this is crazy, is it any worse than taking my fingerprints? A I more likely to commit a crime now that I can buy a gun?

Also, As long as I'm ranting, Why do I have to send 3 letters every time I move? I'm not a ****ing sex offender!

I can't wait to get my Leominster LTC.

I have a tattoo in a very private area.

At this very moment is says "Mary".

However, I'll be so excited upon getting my license and an extra photo, the tattoo will say "May you enjoy your stay in Jamaica".

This is either BS, a VERY recent policy change, or an isolated case. I've lived in Leominster for 50 years. I've had my LTC for 30 years and have renewed under 3 different chiefs. I've never been asked about tattoos during the LTC application/renewal process. My wife, daughters, and friends that have recently (over the past 3 years) applied for LTC's have never been asked if they have tattoos, never mind had pics taken. I have dozens of student that applied for LTC's between 2014 and 2015 and not one of them mentioned anything to me about this policy following their interviews. If there were people required to have pics taken then I hope there is a lawsuit in the works and someone loses their job. I just have a had time believing that it is/was a policy.

Back
Top Bottom