Leominster Police Chief Peter Roddy to Retire on July 15th

It is a dupe, but it'll probably get more attention here anyway. [grin]

Last I knew Roddy didn't do the licensing himself, he designated a non-sworn assistant to handle it all. Maybe the new chief will leave it in her hands and not try to fix something that isn't broken. From everything I've heard it's a green city, I only know of one denial and one revocation from there.

That's correct...but as good as she is, and she is very good, she still took her guidance from the chief, who delegated his authority through a captain to her. The lieutenant that was in charge before the captain was difficult to deal with. I know because at the time all I got was a Sport and Target at the time. Of course it changed to "any lawful purspose" the next time out.

Your knowledge is hearsay, mine is experiential. We have reason to have concern, for example it looks as if Fitchburg may not be Green for the same reason.

Well remember, when Fitchburg recently got a new chief, they had the exact same LTC policy because the licensing officer didn't change, Donnie was pretty laid back about the process, and his Capt. gave him a lot of leeway. That only changed when an LTC holder got into a gang involved shooting that led to indictments from the FBI and bad press for the chief. All I meant is that it's possible that change could come, it's possible things could stagnate like they did in Winchendon with the same LO but new chiefs.

Roddy did take one LTC denial as far as Worcester Superior Court based on recent criminal charges, and the one recent revocation I know of wasn't a Mass. LTC horror story like NESers tell around a campfire; I'll PM you the link to the news article.

Well remember, when Fitchburg recently got a new chief, they had the exact same LTC policy because the licensing officer didn't change, Donnie was pretty laid back about the process, and his Capt. gave him a lot of leeway. That only changed when an LTC holder got into a gang involved shooting that led to indictments from the FBI and bad press for the chief. All I meant is that it's possible that change could come, it's possible things could stagnate like they did in Winchendon with the same LO but new chiefs.

Roddy did take one LTC denial as far as Worcester Superior Court based on recent criminal charges, and the one recent revocation I know of wasn't a Mass. LTC horror story like NESers tell around a campfire; I'll PM you the link to the news article.

Can you PM me that article? I am curious as well!! Thanks!

The main problems now in Fitchburg seem to be the LO slot is understaffed more than anything else. I constantly hear people complaining about not being able to get an appointment easily. I'm getting "mixed reports" from people on whether licenses are unrestricted or not. It would appear renewals aren't having many problems, but the new apps are anyone's guess.

Rumor has it (according to another thread on here) that an NESer somehow removed the pole lodged into the LO's backside in Winchendon and things have been much better there.

Please do. [grin]

-Mike

The main problems now in Fitchburg seem to be the LO slot is understaffed more than anything else. I constantly hear people complaining about not being able to get an appointment easily. I'm getting "mixed reports" from people on whether licenses are unrestricted or not. It would appear renewals aren't having many problems, but the new apps are anyone's guess.

I haven't heard anything concrete from there lately, no one I know has been up for renewal.

Please do. [grin]

Sent. I'm PM-ing it for a few reasons, one is the news never caught onto the LTC aspect of the story.

Last edited:
When I applied for my LTC in 2008 in Leominster, It was Sgt, Swaine that reviewed the application and made the determination, the women just did the filing of the application.

Back
Top Bottom