Leominster - Looking for new club to join

I recently moved to Leominster and I'd like to find a club in the area to join. It would also be nice to find a shooting buddy. I used to go shooting frequently with a coworker (before we both changed jobs). I've found since then I go shooting a lot less. I'm still pretty new to the shooting sport and I'd like to get more involved and hopefully learn a lot along the way.

Any suggestions on clubs to join? What clubs do people on here belong to in the area? Range Facilities? Fees? Website?

Thanks in advance...

I'm in Fitchburg and am looking as well. I was considering Leominster Rod & Gun but I'm not sure about it. I want to go shooting more regularlly than I have been but haven't joined a club yet.

Leominster

I recently moved to Leominster and I'd like to find a club in the area to join. It would also be nice to find a shooting buddy. I used to go shooting frequently with a coworker (before we both changed jobs). I've found since then I go shooting a lot less. I'm still pretty new to the shooting sport and I'd like to get more involved and hopefully learn a lot along the way.

Any suggestions on clubs to join? What clubs do people on here belong to in the area? Range Facilities? Fees? Website?

Thanks in advance...
I`m also in Leominster.

If you guys want to check out North Leominster sometime, I'm a member and live about 5 minutes away. I can meet over there late afternoons or sometimes weekends. I was just over there today around 5 and had the whole place to myself. I'm also a member of a much smaller club -- Lunenburg, which is more "rustic", and about 10 minutes from Leo.

I'm also going to be joining Harvard this fall, as I work 5 minutes from there.

i belong to north leominster myself and i have no complaints about them.i like the club just fine.and if anyone wants to go try it out i'm usually available sat.morns

I have been a member at Leominster Sportsmans Assoc. for a few years now and have been very happy. You are welcome to join us some time.

I'm a former member of the Leominster Sportsmans Association.

It's $87 for the first year to join ($50 membership, $35 initiation, $2 for the key), and it was a great deal as far as availability and all the club functions and stuff.

However, many of my shooting buddies are minorities, and everytime we entered the clubhouse or range, we were greeted by silence and somewhat hostile looks. When I was alone or with other WASP's I never got a glance, but several times when I was there with black or Hispanic people, people would leave the range, and magically moments later someone would come down from the clubhouse and find out who was members. Many of us left for this reason.

Other than that, a great range, with a lot of good member benefits, courses and stuff.

GSG,

It's truly sad to see such bigotry still existing around here!

Glad to say that it certainly is NOT an issue at Braintree R&P (the club is truly a "melting pot")!

It really is the people who make the club what it is (or isn't).

Over my 31 years of shooting, I joined 2 clubs because they were family-oriented and I quit one club because of the "management" (I noticed that almost nobody brought their SOs or children there to shoot with them).

However, many of my shooting buddies are minorities, and everytime we entered the clubhouse or range, we were greeted by silence and somewhat hostile looks. When I was alone or with other WASP's I never got a glance, but several times when I was there with black or Hispanic people, people would leave the range, and magically moments later someone would come down from the clubhouse and find out who was members. Many of us left for this reason.
I won't put up with that kinda BS. I am white/Native American but I have lots of minority friends and family.

It's $87 for the first year to join ($50 membership, $35 initiation, $2 for the key), and it was a great deal as far as availability and all the club functions and stuff.

Other than that, a great range, with a lot of good member benefits, courses and stuff.

That's sad to hear... [thinking]

That's sad to hear.... sounds like they might be in the "snooty
bastards" category. (There are a few of those in MA, and anyone
whose been around knows where they are) I've only driven past
the LSA facilities, etc. IIRC they were one of the few ranges that
opened to the public on the weekends for limited amounts of time,
but not sure if they even do that anymore.

-Mike

Very sad to hear. I compete against LSA in the Worcester County bullseye league and can only say that I haven't sensed any of that among the pistol team members, some of whom I know personally, who have always been highly competent shooters and gracious hosts.

I recommend the North Leominster club. I was a member and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. (Have since moved to VT) Great facility. Alot of trap, skeet, and 200 yd. rifle range not to mention a very nice clubhouse. The people are first rate there, too.

When I was there I never interacted with any of the competition shooters. I do it for sport and self defense, and I haven't competed. IIRC the archery range is open to the general public on Sundays, but not the firing range. But if you were a member, you could bring a guest once to try it out before they joined.

I was shocked the first time it happened when we were there. We're all law abiding citizens, and we'd all dress casually, not dressed like thugs, good muzzle discipline/range safety, etc. We were all members, and it just got ridiculous.

Whatever though, the Westminster range is about 7 minutes away from there if you go out through the backroads, it costs less, and I've never seen anyone else there. If all you want is to shoot it's a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom