• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LEO marked Glock 9round mag....huh?

SDG

I recently came across some mags that a neighbor offered me. They are Glock 27...9 round magazines, and 2 are marked “Restricted LE/GOVT ONLY. 9.13.94”...pic attached.

First off I did not take them, call me whatever names you want. I’m new to the firearms world and ere on the side of caution when it comes to all the laws( or mandates) no matter how I feel about them.

Neighbor is a retired Boston Police officer and didn’t notice the markings until I showed them to him. Does anyone have insight to why standard 9 round mags would be marked LEO only?

Attachments

• 21739570-C8C9-4F85-B23C-1304514F1852.jpeg
    21739570-C8C9-4F85-B23C-1304514F1852.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 116
Maybe. Those standard ones are pretty damn hard to get the last round into though, even a +2 probably only loaded to 10.

I recently came across some mags that a neighbor offered me. They are Glock 27...9 round magazines, and 2 are marked “Restricted LE/GOVT ONLY. 9.13.94”...pic attached.

First off I did not take them, call me whatever names you want. I’m new to the firearms world and ere on the side of caution when it comes to all the laws( or mandates) no matter how I feel about them.

Neighbor is a retired Boston Police officer and didn’t notice the markings until I showed them to him. Does anyone have insight to why standard 9 round mags would be marked LEO only?
Good! They get 9...we get 10!!!!! Shall not be infringed mofo!!!!!!

I have pre ban 10 round G26 mags.

Since they are pre ban, I can add +2's.

If they were post ban and had +2's - they would be illegal.

Drgrant is right.

Those were intended to have +2's.

The owner did not want to go to jail so he but a standard base plate.

Yeah maybe. The owner of the mags is high level retired Boston PD so probably the thought of being arrested is not going to happen though.

The +2 pierce extensions I have only add +1 to the 40 bringing my standard 27 mags to a total of 10 not 11. probably loaded with 9mm it would go to 11 but the mags were marked .40 not 9mm I understand 9 will load into the 27.

Maybe they made longer ones back in 94 when the ones he had were manufactured.

Back
Top Bottom