Legitimate recourse for NH Town taking too long to hand out a CCW Permit?

I'm more than peeved about this. My town (New Boston) still sucks at getting out their permits. I reapplied for mine. At least this time they didn't ask for phone numbers...

I submitted my application on Nov 8th, handed the nice lady in at the station a fresh $10 bill and walked out the door. She said they would mail it.

Then nothing.

More nothing.

Finally last Monday my wife said an officer stopped by, had my permit but I wasn't home. She told him anytime after 6. I was home after 6 the rest of the week. No one showed up, no one called, no messages on the machine. They have my address, my PO Box, and my cell phone. Hell, they have my information on file from my Class 3 C&R License.

Finally being sick and tired of waiting, I went to the police station on Saturday. Almost 30 days after applying. They had it. The guy then came out and proceeded to lie to me. "We always hand deliver these" I was told. My last 3 have always been mailed and in my PO box. I told him this and he said no way, they always deliver them. Second he said they came by my house twice and no one was home. Another lie.

So state law says 14 days. They take longer.

Some would wonder if this is just an isolated incident.... But no. They did this 4 years ago when I re-applied last time. It was so bad then I wrote a nasty letter to our selectmen which prompted them to call me to get the story.

So what's the deal? Just sit there and take it? It's not like we have much else going on around town. I have it now, so whatever in the end, but there is obviously a patter of don't-give-a-shits in this town regarding the 14 day RSA.

I can only imagine that if I was caught concealing with out a license they would give me the same no big deal leniency right?

Just frustrated and thanks for letting me rant.

I went to the Police Station a week after applying and it was there for me to sign and take delivery. If you wait for them to mail it you got a long wait!
I'm more than peeved about this. My town (New Boston) still sucks at getting out their permits. I reapplied for mine. At least this time they didn't ask for phone numbers...

I submitted my application on Nov 8th, handed the nice lady in at the station a fresh $10 bill and walked out the door. She said they would mail it.

Then nothing.

More nothing.

Finally last Monday my wife said an officer stopped by, had my permit but I wasn't home. She told him anytime after 6. I was home after 6 the rest of the week. No one showed up, no one called, no messages on the machine. They have my address, my PO Box, and my cell phone. Hell, they have my information on file from my Class 3 C&R License.

Finally being sick and tired of waiting, I went to the police station on Saturday. Almost 30 days after applying. They had it. The guy then came out and proceeded to lie to me. "We always hand deliver these" I was told. My last 3 have always been mailed and in my PO box. I told him this and he said no way, they always deliver them. Second he said they came by my house twice and no one was home. Another lie.

So state law says 14 days. They take longer.

Some would wonder if this is just an isolated incident.... But no. They did this 4 years ago when I re-applied last time. It was so bad then I wrote a nasty letter to our selectmen which prompted them to call me to get the story.

So what's the deal? Just sit there and take it? It's not like we have much else going on around town. I have it now, so whatever in the end, but there is obviously a patter of don't-give-a-shits in this town regarding the 14 day RSA.

I can only imagine that if I was caught concealing with out a license they would give me the same no big deal leniency right?

Just frustrated and thanks for letting me rant.

I sent an e-mail to the Mayor and Chief of Police when mine went over 14 days in Nashua.
I was contacted the next day after that. Still took another couple of days.

Malodave

remind them of the state law. why did you wait so long in the first place?

go down there tonight, bring up the RSA, cite that shit, and you'll be walking out with your permit.

or take them to court already. they have to pay the costs when they lose.

all depends on how much free time you have.

Back
Top Bottom