Legit red flag?

allen-1

NES Member
Florida man arrested in Walmart shooting threat called himself white nationalist in Facebook post, cops say

Read the article, all of it. I did. This kid isn't someone I'd want handling firearms around me and mine.

But the way that the police got to him through facebook, and the reasons that they're looking at him are scary. Because it means that for many of us - things that we've posted, can be judged by people with no context, no understanding of our society - and can be used to get an ERPO served on us.

Bruh, ERPO is the most un-Constitutional bullshit ever. Government can not be allowed to use Free Speech to prevent "pre-crime"

Today it's this dude and his "Ima commit a hate crime" tomorrow it's one of us for posting "off to the range with my son for a shooting match" or a simple picture that shows one of us as a White Male.

Florida man arrested in Walmart shooting threat called himself white nationalist in Facebook post, cops say

Read the article, all of it. I did. This kid isn't someone I'd want handling firearms around me and mine.

But the way that the police got to him through facebook, and the reasons that they're looking at him are scary. Because it means that for many of us - things that we've posted, can be judged by people with no context, no understanding of our society - and can be used to get an ERPO served on us.
That’s why I never have been on any social media (except twitter To call out Healey and Moulton on their BS and was quickly banned). I’ve never posted any pictures or tactics, all I do is come on here and engage in good meaningful conversations with you fine ladies and gentlemen.

Kid says dumb stuff on facebook and now we take away his civil rights? What's next tossing him off a cliff because we don't like what he's saying? This pre-crime nonsense is idiotic BS. The moral of the story is this: If you want to say dumb sh*t don't say it online.

Arrested for making a social media threat.
Prior DUI(s).
If MA: He would have already lost his guns. Any other states different?
Why would he get his AR-15 back after probation?
Seems like he cooked his goose before the social media threat.

Who the F cares if someone else wants to be a white/black/brown/yellow/red/blue nationalist/globalist/individualist/realist/cubist?

Freedom is scary.

Cute.

I didn't say lock him up. I said "This kid isn't someone I'd want handling firearms around me and mine." and I'll stand by that statement. I read the article, I don't trust his judgement. There are a lot of people I don't want handling firearms around me or mine. I don't trust very many people, and lives aren't something that can be picked up at the five and dime.

Two weeks ago, some numbnuts finished practicing with his carry gun. He then walked onto a cold range where we were cleaning up from shooting pins, watched for a bit, then loaded up his carry ammo, racked the slide and as he did so, pointed the firearm directly at my friend. With a round in the chamber. Mike was NOT amused. That dipshit is someone I don't want handling firearms around me either.

Wonder if the guy who had the short film titled "should we murder more white people" (or something to that effect) got a visit from anyone.

IMHO this kid might as well have forehead tattoo that says: "raging incel fruit loop". That said I don't think ERPO etc. is really necessary if the criminal charges stick, anyways. ERPO etc will continue to be used as a tool to harass people far lower on a threat scale than this retard.

-Mike

UENJONM6WFFKDBH63NVZ3OLHFM.JPG

12 people "hearted" or "laughed" at the post. Were THEY erpo'd?

Cute.

I didn't say lock him up. I said "This kid isn't someone I'd want handling firearms around me and mine." and I'll stand by that statement. I read the article, I don't trust his judgement. There are a lot of people I don't want handling firearms around me or mine. I don't trust very many people, and lives aren't something that can be picked up at the five and dime.

Two weeks ago, some numbnuts finished practicing with his carry gun. He then walked onto a cold range where we were cleaning up from shooting pins, watched for a bit, then loaded up his carry ammo, racked the slide and as he did so, pointed the firearm directly at my friend. With a round in the chamber. Mike was NOT amused. That dipshit is someone I don't want handling firearms around me either.

You posted an instance and inferred you would consider using ERPO to remove someone's rights because you don't like the idea of them having those rights. I am NOT amused.

I don't trust anyone either, but I don't trust the pre-crime division more.

Freedom remains scary.

You posted an instance and inferred you would consider using ERPO to remove someone's rights because you don't like the idea of them having those rights. I am NOT amused.

Freedom remains scary.

Actually you inferred my meaning from something I didn't write.
Please go back and read what I wrote.

Cute.

If this happened at a private club, I hope it was reported and the person was banned immediately.

Freedom remains scary.

What's a reasonable concession though? Honestly when digging into this article I read this kid as "mentally unstable incel fruit loop" basically stamped on his forehead and I think in most parts of the US this kid would have been sucked into section 12 or whatever the psych eval is called, at a bare minimum, and possibly face felony charges for making threats of violence. (although admittedly that part is still pretty vague) I don't think ERPO or any of that horseshit would have been necessary to arrest this kid. You wouldn't need erpo because this kid would have likely violated his probation, blah blah blah, and he'd be sitting in jail regardless.

I also think there's a lot we're not being told here, as well. I'm still pretty safe in
thinking that ERPO garbage likely is not necessary. IMHO it only ever existed as a tool to abuse peoples rights with. If someone is dangerous enough the system has other methods to deal with that without resorting to some hack that eliminates due process.

-Mike

I'd rather see nutbags have full access to guns, than to have guns removed from the hands of the 'sane'.

Things will work themselves into balance, and the nutbags will get the lead-therapy they deserve...

Thread title: Legit red flag?

What you wrote:

My inference stands.

After reading the article, my conclusion is that apart from his prior arrest where he was caught driving under the influence with a handgun, everything else he did and posted on social media is protected free speech and the arrest was completely unjust. This is the kind of thing I'd expect to see in the UK where posting "hate speech" is often punished with arrest and fines. I guess it was only a matter of time before it started here.

I'd rather see nutbags have full access to guns, than to have guns removed from the hands of the 'sane'...

Particularly when "sanity" is this moving target where the definition of which is in the hands of the statists.

This kid was an incel retard who probably is batshit insane.... but it doesn't take long, or much effort to see, how things like ERPO can be misused against people far lower on
the scale. It's already happened, and there are already dead people over it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom