• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal to sell?

docharlach

NES Member
Hi all,
I am fairly new to actively participating in forums and I am sorry if I just failed to find existing info on this. I really did try.

I have a gen 3 glock 22 that I bought when I lived in California. I moved to Mass and have the gun registered to me now here. Can I sell it to someone who lives in Massachusetts now or must it be to someone who lives out of state? If I can sell it in Mass, any thoughts on its value if its been a safe queen with only got a couple of hundred rounds through it?

Thanks and sorry again if I am creating junk that's been covered, rick

Yes you can sell it to another Mass resident ftf. Check out the classifieds to get an idea of price

Sorry, can't do it, better give it to me since it's worthless to you now... /Sarcasm&joking

Absolutely legit, you will have to do a face to face transfer and file an FA-10. Check out the classifieds here as stated before, you'll probably have no problem selling it here...

When you say that you have it registered to you now, does that mean that you have a current LTC-A filed an FA-10 after bringing it in? If so, then you should be fine.

rddy, i have a mass ltc-a and it was registered to me in mass by a local ffl. i'm not sure what the form designation was, to be honest. If i remember correctly, i believe he did it all online and when he was done i kept repeating "so I'm completely legal now" to the point that he was getting really annoyed assuring me so.

When you say that you have it registered to you now, does that mean that you have a current LTC-A filed an FA-10 after bringing it in? If so, then you should be fine.

He's fine, but he should not have done a FA10. There is no requirement to do one for guns you already own when you move into MA. Better to keep them guessing.

rddy, i have a mass ltc-a and it was registered to me in mass by a local ffl. i'm not sure what the form designation was, to be honest. If i remember correctly, i believe he did it all online and when he was done i kept repeating "so I'm completely legal now" to the point that he was getting really annoyed assuring me so.

Getting the LTC-A was certainly a requirement, but why did you bother with an FFL? There's noting that requires it, nor is there any requirement that you register guns you bring with you when you move here.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom