• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal to Sell to an MA Resident?

A MA resident asked me if I could sell him a CZ 75 Tact. Sports 9mm w/ high capacity magazines. Is there a legal way to do this?

I am located in RI.

Thanks,

Matt G.

(Please don't reply with comments like "Did you check the list??" We all know MA laws are f*n complicated and I'm just looking for a quick answer here)

Any interstate transfer has to go through an FFL. An interstate transfer of a handgun must go through an FFL in the buyer's state of residence. Therefore, such a transfer must go through a MA FFL. Since the CZ-75 Tact Sports is not on the MA Approved Firearms Roster, a MA FFL can not transfer it to a MA resident.

So, no, there really isn't any way for you to do this legally.

Any interstate transfer has to go through an FFL. An interstate transfer of a handgun must go through an FFL in the buyer's state of residence. Therefore, such a transfer must go through a MA FFL. Since the CZ-75 Tact Sports is not on the MA Approved Firearms Roster, a MA FFL can not transfer it to a MA resident.

So, no, there really isn't any way for you to do this legally.

The buyer (or seller) can move to the other state, perform a legal sale in that state, then move back. But that would be crazy, expensive and time-consuming for a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom