1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Leftist talking point of the day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Obie1, May 24, 2019.

1. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

You gotta give them some credit--they know how to speak with one voice. For years, the Dems have come up with a particular word or phrase and quickly disseminated it throughout their party and of course the media. I remember recognizing it many years ago when everyone on Sunday TV used the phrase "risky tax scheme." In recent months, it's been "manufactured crisis" then "constitutional crisis" and now "coverup." Mostly, it just makes me laugh when I hear it over and over. Does it affect anyone? What others have you heard?

2. snowballs

snowballs NES Member

Bunch of lemmings. 2009-05-23-Lemmings.gif

3. Jason m

Jason m NES Member

Comprehensive gun control.

xjma99 likes this.
  4. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

'commonsense' gun control. Fvck off
    collusion

xjma99 likes this.
  5. ArthurDavis

ArthurDavis

Whay one can do for it?

6. oppressed

oppressed NES Member

"Economic factors may take some spring out of the Easter bunny's step this year."

xjma99, milktree and johnnymac101 like this.
  7. cockpitbob

cockpitbob NES Member

Gravitas
    The morning after candidate G W Bush announced that Dick Cheney was his running mate every Dem was saying it added gravitas to the ticket. I had never heard that word before that day.

GaryO and FormerlyIndifferent like this.
  8. FormerlyIndifferent

FormerlyIndifferent

The South Coast

It was the "Fall River/New Bedford area" for decades, and then, one Monday morning, every radio station, TV channel, and newspaper was calling it "The South Coast" instantly and across the board. Fall River/New Bedford were never mentioned again.

Don't know if it was a Dem talking point or not, but, it was a talking point conspiracy similar to "gravitas", nevertheless.

cjmass likes this.
  9. snax

snax NES Member

Sep 11th. After the initial shock of what was happening wore off.... sometime between the second plane and the lull before the towers fell, they all (media, pols) had the same script and talking points within minutes.
    I'll never forget it. It has always made me wonder, and believe the inside job angle if the whole thing.

Fritz the Cat likes this.
  10. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I absolutely dismantled (kindly) a client who thought Trump should be impeached. "Yeah, but if there is no underlying crime, there can't be obstruction."

"But Mueller didn't. . . "

"Let me stop you right there. Two years ago, everyone in America said this guy was the best. He was beyond reproach. He wouldn't stop until he found something. He was a junkyard dog. Now when the report comes out not to anyone's liking, he's an incompetent stooge who somehow got paid off in some way. All because he didn't come up with their conclusion."

The American public isn't AS stupid as the Dems think. They underestimate the constituency. Good. To their detriment. Get a good old impeachment hearing going. It'll be great. Because it'll lock down the election for conservatives AND it will stop any and every one from doing any sort of impeaching for hte next 50-100 years. The backlash from the educated community will spread rapidly. There will be 8 different PBS shows on why impeachment was never designed because "we don't like how he talks" and only for "he's not executing his office like he's supposed to." How Clinton shouldn't have been impeached, Nixon was in no fear of it, and possibly only Johnson was the only rogue president that NEEDED impeachment.

But DAMN! You're Congress. If you don't like how the White House works, you hold the pen to stop him.

Sorry. Where was I? LOL

xjma99 and timbo like this.
  11. fitzknny

fitzknny NES Member

" Blah blah blah . . . . Moving Forward, . . . ( " I ' m not answering that question ! ) . . . seems every Dem uses that as a get out of a jam card

12. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

Apparently today's talking point is the Nancy "gets under his skin." Just saw it 8 times on media.

13. Tundra02

Tundra02

14. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

Grabbin dat ass?

15. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

Today's word was "distraction". Tucker played a montage of all the left talking heads heads using it today. Pretty funny actually.

xjma99 likes this.
  16. timbo

timbo Navy Veteran NES Member

All the news orgs are reading from the exact same script, given to them by the Dem party handler puppeteers.

xjma99 likes this.