• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Left the Range

Got email yesterday evening that M/Sgt Eric R. England passed yesterday afternoon at VA Med Ctr in Decatur, Georgia.

Eric was a long time friend and he held the 100 Shot Course Record of IIRC 998-45Xs for like 45 years.

A few months ago he was inducted into the Georgia Military Hall of Fame. I had to call him and tell him I was recovering from surgery and could not come as I surely wanted to be there.

I didn't meet him till 1973/74 time frame when I took up highpower. We were both on the US Palma Team in 1976 when I got to know him. There was a Palma Banquet out from Camp Perry down near that fun park and I asked him how to get there and he invited me to ride down with him as he had a idea of where it was. We had to look and ask directions but we finally found it.

Eric went home to the Georgia/Tennessee line area in the mountains to a little place they truck in daylight to.

KnH17q9h.jpg

L to R Humpy Army Sm Cal Lab, Eric England USMC, Dave Luke USMC, Bob Snodgrass USMC/ Army Sm Cal Lab

Bob Snodgrass was one of the first ones I met when I went to the Army Small Cal Lab in 78. The same guy that got me in also brought Bob in so we were buddies from the get go. Bob was THE sniper rifle go to guy at the lab as that is what he did in Korea.

Last edited:
Rest in peace, M/Sgt England! Sounds like a fine gentlemen who will have skill and knowledge live on via those he passed it along to. That GA/TN line area is beautiful country. I'm from the Nashville area but really liked it down there.

998-45X shows some pretty amazing skill!

Every night we say our nightly prayers with our 3 munchkins. He earned the right to be in those prayers tonight. It's always a special time with our kids and I will explain why he was such a great man!! A great American!! A true defender of our Constitution!! This next generation needs to follow in his footsteps!! God bless you M/Sgt Eric R. England. Rest in Peace.

Back
Top Bottom