Left-handed ejection port for pistols

Without completely redesigning the pistol, couldn't a custom (aka. expensive) slide be produced in order to eject cases to the left? I understand a different ejecting configuration would be required for this, but it should be less than completely remaking the pistol.

That being said, I don't see the point of doing this. Even for cosmetic reasons (as mentioned by the OP)... Sounds more like someone with far too much time (and not nearly enough money) on their hands. If it's just going to be a showpiece, then just get a shop to make a dummy slide, or block of metal that LOOKS like the 92fs but cannot fire/function as one. Solid magwell and a solid round for the barrel (maybe mock it up at the muzzle to make it look better) should satisfy ATF and keep it legal. Then again, it would be best to check with them BEFORE starting such a project. Or consult with a firearms lawyer.

I have no experience with the Beretta, but on most pistols, the ejector is on the left side of the frame. Also, most have the firing pin block on the right side of the frame and slide.

So, no, I think you need to modify the frame also.

Without completely redesigning the pistol, couldn't a custom (aka. expensive) slide be produced in order to eject cases to the left? I understand a different ejecting configuration would be required for this, but it should be less than completely remaking the pistol.

All the semi-auto handguns that I can think of have ejectors mounted on the frame. So the frame would have to be modified to move the ejector from the left to the right.

All the semi-auto handguns that I can think of have ejectors mounted on the frame. So the frame would have to be modified to move the ejector from the left to the right.

Had to check the break-down of my 1911... The extractor is on the slide, but ejector is on the frame. Since I'm a right hand shooter (and right eye dom.) it's never even been a thought...

Oh well, guess it sucks to be the OP... [rofl2][rofl2]

***K this I'm making my own left ejecting pistol . . . not that I'm left handed . . . not that there's anything wrong with that.

Cabot makes a sweet mirror-image 1911 called "The South Paw"; it's a work of art (with a price tag to match.) Everything about the gun is completely opposite, including the extractor and ejector.

IMG_0426-e1345516296898.jpg

Cabot Gun | The South Paw 1911

Last edited:
Cabot makes a sweet mirror-image 1911 called "The South Paw"; it's a work of art (with a price tag to match.) Everything about the gun is completely opposite, including the extractor and ejector.

IMG_0426-e1345516296898.jpg

Cabot Gun | The South Paw 1911

AMT used to make a portsider.

But is the non-standardization of so many parts on the gun worth the left handed feature?

The Walther P5 is an interesting gun - standard left side ejection port.

Your gun is broken.
Plus I swear LH guns are designed by RH people.
i gave up on L H guns way back. Bought a LH 870. Well it broke. When the smith I brought it to giggled and said "Oh a lefty, thats going to be expensive" i knew right then, no more LH shit. Bolt body cracked. Finally got a bolt from Rem and then sold it.

If you are left handed like me it spits brass in your face. Try holding and shooting the gun left hand dominate. You’ll see what I mean.

Your gun is broken.

I love this place. Her very first post is a necrothread, and two minutes later the smackdown comes.

Welcome to NES, Merogirl!

...I have about $2,000 to throw down after my first 92fs purchase. God willing it doesn't cost any more than that.
$2000. wouldn't be enough even if you found that it had already been designed, and built, and that it was for for sale commercially.

In this case, there's no economy of scale, so all you get is 'cost', and when I say 'cost', I mean all of it.

Maybe you just need to adjust your grip. Hold it like they do in the hood. Spent cases will eject towards the ground for a lefty.hqdefault.jpg

Hey guys, First time poster.

I found this thread in my hunt for a left handed pistol. I've been fine with RH pistols and rifles until I stumbled upon the CAR shooting system.

View: https://youtu.be/xIGFSauKXl0

First position demonstrated in the video is the one that's been giving me problems.

I've been practicing this first position of the Circle Axis Relock shooting system. First day on the range, first position, perpendicular to the target, from the belly, casing burnt the sheeyit out of my neck. Bounced up my chest into my throat. Definitely left a mark or 80...

Gave me a whole new understanding of my ex-wife not wanting a pearl necklace because of sensitive skin...

I've researched the Walther P5 as well as the CABOT LH 1911, but whew... they are proud of them. $4800... meaning 10g for a mirrored pair. As far as I can tell, the Portside has been relegated to collectors and nothing similar besides the CABOT is or has been in production... The other aspect that gives me pause is the proprietary magazines and the fact that the max load is 8+1... If I'm going to carry something that large, I'd druther have a double stack with 17-15+1 like my M&P 9 or my FNH 45...

Also barrier, cover or lean-in shooting as a left-holding shooter makes that brass rebound all over the place whether it's bouncing off your temple, shoulder or line of sight...

EDIT: I have tried, but the picture of my neck is 'shaded' and it won't let me upload the picture. :/ Any assistance on that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey guys, First time poster.

I found this thread in my hunt for a left handed pistol. I've been fine with RH pistols and rifles until I stumbled upon the CAR shooting system.

View: https://youtu.be/xIGFSauKXl0

First position demonstrated in the video is the one that's been giving me problems.

I've been practicing this first position of the Circle Axis Relock shooting system. First day on the range, first position, perpendicular to the target, from the belly, casing burnt the sheeyit out of my neck. Bounced up my chest into my throat. Definitely left a mark or 80...

Gave me a whole new understanding of my ex-wife not wanting a pearl necklace because of sensitive skin...

I've researched the Walther P5 as well as the CABOT LH 1911, but whew... they are proud of them. $4800... meaning 10g for a mirrored pair. As far as I can tell, the Portside has been relegated to collectors and nothing similar besides the CABOT is or has been in production... The other aspect that gives me pause is the proprietary magazines and the fact that the max load is 8+1... If I'm going to carry something that large, I'd druther have a double stack with 17-15+1 like my M&P 9 or my FNH 45...

Also barrier, cover or lean-in shooting as a left-holding shooter makes that brass rebound all over the place whether it's bouncing off your temple, shoulder or line of sight...

EDIT: I have tried, but the picture of my neck is 'shaded' and it won't let me upload the picture. :/ Any assistance on that would be greatly appreciated.

So what happens when tou need to use this technique with your right hand ?
I question your true left handedness, lol

Good like in your search.
If you ever need to shoot your gun like thst brass to the throat is minimum worry

Im a lefty and I look for handguns with ambi safety /control
Im a fan of the 1st and 2nd gen S&W pistols for this reason

So what happens when tou need to use this technique with your right hand ?
I question your true left handedness, lol

Good like in your search.
If you ever need to shoot your gun like thst brass to the throat is minimum worry

Im a lefty and I look for handguns with ambi safety /control
Im a fan of the 1st and 2nd gen S&W pistols for this reason
I've always shot left-handed with RH firearms, no prior military service here, but was giving it a shot... ba dumbum... left handed with the new shooting system. I can shoot RH, but it ain't always MOA... My ride piece is a hammerless S&W 357, so it doesn't matter much in that respect, but my edc is my M&P 9mm with a 5" barrel, 1st generation. Love it. Still just fits with the match barrel.

That CAR shooting style just got me to wondering... and that's what I ended up with 🤷🏼🤦🏼but you're right! But the beauty of it being CQ, is that it should help if I had to go RH. If it was that kind of party, I'd probably appreciate the added adrenaline of, oof, ouch, owwie... although maybe not so much the distraction. 'Preciate the well wishes! Merry Christmas!

I figured it out!!20211218_152842.jpg

why would you need a pistol that ejects to the left?
Because some people like myself and my older brother are left handed and we are both firearms owners/users... not to mention possible potential business possibilities (because capitalism) to get new left handed firearm users from the left handed community... sure gun sales are doing good, but they could be better, but that's only if companies offered more left handed firearms and or options instead of forcing people like myself and other lefties to fire right handed, or have the shells constantly in our way, or have us look to other companies or for options elsewhere

Gun sales are not good right now. Business is off over 65%. Several companies over the years have offered left hand ejected guns. All were flops.

Back
Top Bottom