• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Left-handed ejection port for pistols

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Without completely redesigning the pistol, couldn't a custom (aka. expensive) slide be produced in order to eject cases to the left? I understand a different ejecting configuration would be required for this, but it should be less than completely remaking the pistol.

That being said, I don't see the point of doing this. Even for cosmetic reasons (as mentioned by the OP)... Sounds more like someone with far too much time (and not nearly enough money) on their hands. If it's just going to be a showpiece, then just get a shop to make a dummy slide, or block of metal that LOOKS like the 92fs but cannot fire/function as one. Solid magwell and a solid round for the barrel (maybe mock it up at the muzzle to make it look better) should satisfy ATF and keep it legal. Then again, it would be best to check with them BEFORE starting such a project. Or consult with a firearms lawyer.

I have no experience with the Beretta, but on most pistols, the ejector is on the left side of the frame. Also, most have the firing pin block on the right side of the frame and slide.

So, no, I think you need to modify the frame also.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Without completely redesigning the pistol, couldn't a custom (aka. expensive) slide be produced in order to eject cases to the left? I understand a different ejecting configuration would be required for this, but it should be less than completely remaking the pistol.

All the semi-auto handguns that I can think of have ejectors mounted on the frame. So the frame would have to be modified to move the ejector from the left to the right.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.6%
40   1   0
All the semi-auto handguns that I can think of have ejectors mounted on the frame. So the frame would have to be modified to move the ejector from the left to the right.

Had to check the break-down of my 1911... The extractor is on the slide, but ejector is on the frame. Since I'm a right hand shooter (and right eye dom.) it's never even been a thought...

Oh well, guess it sucks to be the OP... [rofl2][rofl2]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabot makes a sweet mirror-image 1911 called "The South Paw"; it's a work of art (with a price tag to match.) Everything about the gun is completely opposite, including the extractor and ejector.

IMG_0426-e1345516296898.jpg

Cabot Gun | The South Paw 1911

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cabot makes a sweet mirror-image 1911 called "The South Paw"; it's a work of art (with a price tag to match.) Everything about the gun is completely opposite, including the extractor and ejector.

IMG_0426-e1345516296898.jpg

Cabot Gun | The South Paw 1911

AMT used to make a portsider.

But is the non-standardization of so many parts on the gun worth the left handed feature?

The Walther P5 is an interesting gun - standard left side ejection port.

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Your gun is broken.
Plus I swear LH guns are designed by RH people.
i gave up on L H guns way back. Bought a LH 870. Well it broke. When the smith I brought it to giggled and said "Oh a lefty, thats going to be expensive" i knew right then, no more LH shit. Bolt body cracked. Finally got a bolt from Rem and then sold it.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you are left handed like me it spits brass in your face. Try holding and shooting the gun left hand dominate. You’ll see what I mean.

Your gun is broken.

I love this place. Her very first post is a necrothread, and two minutes later the smackdown comes.

Welcome to NES, Merogirl!

Wendell

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I have about $2,000 to throw down after my first 92fs purchase. God willing it doesn't cost any more than that.
$2000. wouldn't be enough even if you found that it had already been designed, and built, and that it was for for sale commercially.

In this case, there's no economy of scale, so all you get is 'cost', and when I say 'cost', I mean all of it.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Maybe you just need to adjust your grip. Hold it like they do in the hood. Spent cases will eject towards the ground for a lefty.hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom