• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

left hand ejection

gerrycaruso

NES Member
The germans decided that small arms should eject to the left and I've forgotten why. Does anyone know? My P38 ejects to the left. Does the MP40 submachine gun eject to the left?

No, basically everything else ejects from either the right/top to the right (STG, G41/43, MG34/42, MP38/40, Sauer 38h ) or in the case of the luger from the top. Edit: Having had opportunities to actually shoot from the bold or in the case of the Sauer own.

Last edited:
As a left handed shooter, I always appreciated anything that didn’t leave burn marks on my right cheek.

No, basically everything else ejects from either the right/top to the right (STG, G41/43, MG34/42, MP38/40, Sauer 38h ) or in the case of the luger from the top. Edit: Having had opportunities to actually shoot from the bold or in the case of the Sauer own.
I was shooting my Luger once, and a spent shell managed to get between my glasses and my face. It was hot. Now, I always wear a baseball cap if I shoot the Luger.

Back
Top Bottom