• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lee's Gun Shop II just opened in Amherst NH

Rt. 101A Amherst NH between Pete's tire barn and Currier Lumber. It opened this morning.

Swung by early this afternoon to Bob's new location (used to be just off Main St. in Wilton).

Nice new shop. Still light on stock but plenty of hand guns and a few rifles/shotguns.
I've been driving by his new location for a while waiting for him to open. Bob is looking for
input from customers as to what people want to see stocked so please stop in and say hi.

I've known Bob for some time and he will do what ever he can to help you out. I really like this
new location and hope Bob can really grow his business.

This is the same guy who runs/ran out of a tiny office in his basement through his garage a couple years ago, right?

I like him, always easy to deal with and good for a story.

I don't know if Bob ever ran his FFL out of his garage. But for the last year or so Bob has operated just off of Main street Wilton.
It was a tiny office off of his wood working shop.

Not sure if were talking the same guy. But Bob is easy to work with.

Bob was awesome when I went looking for a Savage 10 PC last year he found the specific model I was looking for at substantial discount compared to other vendors who couldn't seem to locate the fluted/threaded barrel model. he had it in stock in 2 days just like he said he would. I will buy from him in the future.

PixelPusher is right...milktree is thinking about a different guy. My partner, Bob Lee, is the gun dealer who ran the FFL out of his basement a few years ago. He has since opened a store(Lee's Gun Shop) in a strip mall on Tracy Lane in Hudson (behind Fred Fuller Oil on Route 102). My name is Bob Bell. I have known Bob Lee for years, and we decided about 18 months ago to start working together.
I opened Lee's Gun Shop II in the office of my woodworking business in Wilton. After a few months in that closet I knew I had to find a bigger shop. My new location is at 50 Route 101A in Amherst. I finished moving the Wilton business last week, and the Amherst store opened Friday, May 25 . Things are going well. I appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to growing the business.

My wife and I stopped in this afternoon after our range trip to check it out. It looks like a nice start. My only suggestion would be to turn up the lights a bit; it was a little dark inside, especially after coming in from bright sunlight. We look forward to stopping in again once it fills up.

My wife and I stopped in this afternoon after our range trip to check it out. It looks like a nice start. My only suggestion would be to turn up the lights a bit; it was a little dark inside, especially after coming in from bright sunlight. We look forward to stopping in again once it fills up.

I agree on the lights. i was in there. it felt like he wasn't open yet.

Has it really been open that long? I've driven by a couple of times and it always looked so dark I assumed they hadn't opened yet. Definitely get some brighter interior lights! Also, are you going to be carrying suppressors like Bob does at the other store?

I agree too. I drove by yesterday and couldn't tell if it was opened or not

I've found that if the open flag and the sandwich board are out he's open. Quite honestly, unless it was surface of the sun bright in there you'd have a hard time seeing it from the road as you drove buy.

That being said. I have talked with Bob about the lighting and he does agree, it is kinda dark in there.
He did say one of the reasons he turns them off is they add quite a bit of heat to the room.

Big picture IMHO. If all we got to bitch about is it's kinda dark in there. I'm good with that.

Stock is still light. He is still ramping up. However, if you are looking for something in particular give him a call.
He has access to the stock from partner's store and can get it in short order.

His old locoation is/was tiny. So it's gonna be a bit before he fills the new place.

New Name: Gunrunners 101, no affliliation with Bob Lee of NHPR fame

In case anybody was wondering, Bob Bell is the owner what was called "Lee’s Gun Shop II" in Amherst, while the original Lee’s Gun Shop in Hudson is still owned and operated by Bob Lee.

Bob Bell has changed the name from "Lee’s Gun Shop II" to "Gunrunners 101", and apparently is no longer affiliated with Bob Lee in Hudson, see the new thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/179523-Gunrunners-101-Gun-SHop-RT-101-Amherst-NH

Back
Top Bottom