• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lee Pro 1000?

better this way

I agree with Supermoto here, don't remove the plastic device.

Actually you can see the primer sticking up, just remove it.

As for powder, no shell case, no powder,,,,, no question on this one.

The press has some quirks, just work around them....

JimB

I started out with the Lee Pro 1000 and loaded about 150 rounds on it before deciding it is a P.O.S. I then bought a 650 and never looked back. IN fact I still have the Lee 1000 at my dads house and couldn't be bothered with it. I guess for the money it is decent but compared to a Dillon it just doesn't hold up. Obviously the Dillon is more expensive but it is worth every penny. I absolutely hated that press as it was so quirky and you ALWAYS have to make adjustments and clear jams. Not good for making accurate ammo.

I was given a Pro 1000. I took it out of the box, gave it a quick inspection, and put it back in the box. It was clearly inferior to my 550. BTW, I think auto indexing is highly overrated.

saw the videos

A forum member here has a 550 and 650. He loaned me the tapes
for each of them.

Its not a fair comparison but i do believe Dillon took the time
to figure out a lot of the shortcomings and in most cases
corrected them. The price reflects the difference.

the forum member also started with a Lee 1000, oh well
no need to explain here.

I guess it boils down to what you can tolerate.

JimB

Wow, if you guys want to give away your Dillon 650s I'd be happy to take them. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Re: Powder Spilling

I have a Lee Loadmaster and had trouble with powder spilling UNTIL I screwed the bench to the wall. No more spilling...

Back
Top Bottom