Lee Peo 1000 , rehab, fixes and diy hacks

I have the version that takes bushings as a personal file - if you want a bunch of sizes it's better but if you are going to print your own out the OpenSCAD version I posted prints the size of each cavity on the sides.

I have the version that takes bushings as a personal file - if you want a bunch of sizes it's better but if you are going to print your own out the OpenSCAD version I posted prints the size of each cavity on the sides.

Thanks again, I wouldn’t be printing my own but with a little fiddling, we’ll get it done !

The original Auto Disc , aluminum housing clear plastic hopper tends to be , pos
I updated to the Pro Auto disc on my older pro 1000s so far it works fine.
Pastera hooked me up with a disc but i have not used it yet.

Then they came out with the auto drum. Other than the flimsy plastic "switch" assembly the chain hooks to the Auto Disc has been very good even with the fine powders like 110 for 30 carbine. Smallest charge I run is 3.5 grains of clays through the auto drum

I have the Pro disc set up for 4 grains I believe. Only thing im running smaller charges in is 32 S W. i just use tbe lee scoop for those low production number loads.

At some point I need to up date my presses with the better finished case ejector and get all my primer feeds working better.
I have the new tray and troughs that I made sure there is no flashing in the trough interior.
Just have to do that with the rest of them.

At some point i will get auto drums for all my presses. Heck I,might even pick up a new pro 1000 at some point.

Last edited:
Is it true the adjustable lee powder measure on my pro 1000 is not accurate/reliable at lower grain measures? And if so what unit to use?
You need to try it and see what your level of accurate drops are. The problem with rhe older auto disc is the powder leaks and will keep the disc from sliding full stop to full drop. The powder likes to find its way into the moving portions of the measure.
i like the auto drum measure so far. Use it with H110 and W844 no leaks and consistent , it may drop .1 grain light it hardly ever drops heavy.

I have one of that model Pro 1000. My ram will start binding after a while and I have to disassemble the whole thing, clean and polish it to get it to work again. I think it's due to scratches in both parts. I can't get the parts I think I need (Base and ram) from Lee anymore.
It's basically dedicated to .45's, but I also do .40's on it on occasion. So it's not used all the time. When It gets hard to use I stop loading on it. When I need more ammo or when I feel like it I take it apart and polish everything.

I have a Dillon I use for other handgun rounds and I use a Rockchucker for all my rifle rounds.

I have one of that model Pro 1000. My ram will start binding after a while and I have to disassemble the whole thing, clean and polish it to get it to work again. I think it's due to scratches in both parts. I can't get the parts I think I need (Base and ram) from Lee anymore.
It's basically dedicated to .45's, but I also do .40's on it on occasion. So it's not used all the time. When It gets hard to use I stop loading on it. When I need more ammo or when I feel like it I take it apart and polish everything.

I have a Dillon I use for other handgun rounds and I use a Rockchucker for all my rifle rounds.
Are you sure your not getting hung up on the primer seater?
if it gets stuck UP it will lock up the press

I've owned my Lee Pro 1000 since 86`. The ram has front to back play! Any one know of a fix? Or have a newer base they could let go?

I've owned my Lee Pro 1000 since 86`. The ram has front to back play! Any one know of a fix? Or have a newer base they could let go?
You can send it for repair if they cant fix it they sell you a new comparable model for 1/2 price
Call or email and see if its worth it to you

You can send it for repair if they cant fix it they sell you a new comparable model for 1/2 price
Call or email and see if its worth it to you

I’m just looking for a old Pro 1000 base. The new Lee pro1000 AL base will not accept older parts from the red AL base ,so I’ve read. I think I will send out an email to Lee.
Just looking for a person who has no use for a Old Model Lee Pro1000 base, willing to part with!

I’m just looking for a old Pro 1000 base. The new Lee pro1000 AL base will not accept older parts from the red AL base ,so I’ve read. I think I will send out an email to Lee.
Just looking for a person who has no use for a Old Model Lee Pro1000 base, willing to part with!
I scored a bucket of parts a while back
Heres what I did with that base

I would be tempted to send it in and get a new style press for 1/2 price.
It should not be to hard to install some sort of bushing to fix the slop?
Pre 2012 pro 1000 base part number TP2125

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom