Leaving MA - Non Resident License Question

USA

We are making the move out of the state!

I know we will need to turn in our current LTC. My question in regards to the non resident license is what is required if you move again after obtaining a non resident license?

So say we leave MA and establish NH residency apply for non res permits. Then within that year we move and become FL residents? Does anything need to happen with the MA Non resident license?

Not to make things too complicated, from the scenario above. Say NH residency is established, non resident permit is acquired. Then residence switched to FL, but the NH property is maintained as a vacation home. We can still receive mail at that location.

I don't want to have to redo the process mid year. Thanks for the guidance

NH requires no permit, but you can get one for reciprocity.... and it is good in Florida.
NH non resident is not valid in Florida
Fl requires you to take a course.... no big deal people will come to your house and do it.... everyone offers them it seems.
You only need a license to CCW/open carry. No license to buy or possess

When you leave MA, you must notify a couple of folks IIRC ( someone will be along any second with the correct info) but one is the licensing authority that issued it. I would STRONGLY suggest you do it registered mail, return receipt requested.

Then you will have to apply thru the State for a non res MA license

I'm strictly asking in regards to MA non resident, I know the other state's necessary info. Do I need to notify MA of a change of address on a non res license?

Moving anywhere with any sort of MA gun license requires notification to the issuing authority and FRB (only one notice for moving with NR LTC as they are one and the same) and must be done by Certified Mail ONLY (that's specified in MGL).

Moving anywhere with any sort of MA gun license requires notification to the issuing authority and FRB (only one notice for moving with NR LTC as they are one and the same) and must be done by Certified Mail ONLY (that's specified in MGL).

Len, are you aware of people with unrestricted resident licenses receiving restricted non resident licenses?

not to be a wise ass, but a non resident license (short of being " B Ramed") is already pretty restricted

You can not purchase ammo with it, you can not have "post ban" high capacity magazines, even if they are unloaded so when you wander back over the border into MA make sure you leave the "good stuff" at home.

Then there is the whole evil black rifle thing, safe storage, etc etc etc

The only restrictions that stick out on my mind is a non resident license for employment purposes has a 2 year renewal interval

not to be a wise ass, but a non resident license (short of being " B Ramed") is already pretty restricted

You can not purchase ammo with it, you can not have "post ban" high capacity magazines, even if they are unloaded so when you wander back over the border into MA make sure you leave the "good stuff" at home.

Then there is the whole evil black rifle thing, safe storage, etc etc etc

The only restrictions that stick out on my mind is a non resident license for employment purposes has a 2 year renewal interval

You can still be armed which I'll take over not

Back
Top Bottom