Leatherman Tool & Knife Thread

I just got in the Leatherman FREE T4 that I had ordered and I like it. It is a fatty though. Almost too big for a pocket tool.
Luckily if fits in a new Basket-weave Swiss Army Zermatt sheath that I got for free somewhere. It fits the SwissChamp...

1606252564491.png

Yes charge + tti like shocknawe said bits and replaceable cutters I posted a pic of it post 16 this is it opened upView attachment 414930
I forgot about the scissors. So Im thinking why did they leave the scissors out of the basic Charge? It has two bit attachments which is Meh, I’d rather have the scissors but honestly I’m not a fan of them in this model or in my Wave, they can definitely serve a purpose but I’d prefer a beefier set.

I forgot about the scissors. So Im thinking why did they leave the scissors out of the basic Charge? It has two bit attachments which is Meh, I’d rather have the scissors but honestly I’m not a fan of them in this model or in my Wave, they can definitely serve a purpose but I’d prefer a beefier set.
Ya that is weird they put two bit holders and no scissors. I could take it or leave it.

I was looking at the free but saw a vid of it and it looked a little to chunky. Not sure if I would like it
I’m contemplating the same thing.

It is "blocky" but all the tools are super well designed. The blade is very nice. Sharp and girthy.
The file though is one of the best I've seen on a multi-tool. Basically a smaller version of the Charge's.

The Philips screwdriver would have been better replaced with a 1/4" bit driver socket that,
along with the accessory tip kit (shown in @SHOCKNAWE's pix) would have extended its versatility by leaps and bounds.

All and all, very happy with it though. It will see use...

1606266277681.png

It is "blocky" but all the tools are super well designed. The blade is very nice. Sharp and girthy.
The file though is one of the best I've seen on a multi-tool. Basically a smaller version of the Charge's.

The Philips screwdriver would have been better replaced with a 1/4" bit driver socket that,
along with the accessory tip kit (shown in @SHOCKNAWE's pix) would have extended its versatility by leaps and bounds.

All and all, very happy with it though. It will see use...

View attachment 415016
Impressions without having it in hand are as follows. I think it absolutely has a versatile use as an “In between” a SAK and a regular sized Multi Tool. I don’t like that it doesn’t offer a rough cut blade ie mini saw or serrated blade along with the flat grind, The scissors look like they can be pretty durable and that file looks to be very sturdy. A compact mini tool that looks to be well built and can take more abuse than our typical SAK’s. I have a Evergreen Model on my Christmas list with the woman. I would prefer it as a gift rather than buy it myself lol.

Bought this one in the mid 90’s and have several others but this one is mine/favorite and not for the kids to grab or whatever. I lost the case in 2015, just to find an exact replacement in a toolbox owned by my father a week later. Just dumb luck while searching for something else.

Attachments

• 9C46965B-FF67-412B-9903-07D5700E4CB7.jpeg
    9C46965B-FF67-412B-9903-07D5700E4CB7.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 15
I have a yellow juice, leave it in the wife's car. I also have a now discontinued Leatherman lockback with a screwdriver and bits. Nice knife too fat for edc and I'm not a belt pouch person, leave that one in my car. Santa is bringing a skeletool will see if I like carrying it, if not I will toss it in a bag or vehicle.

I have a yellow juice, leave it in the wife's car. I also have a now discontinued Leatherman lockback with a screwdriver and bits. Nice knife too fat for edc and I'm not a belt pouch person, leave that one in my car. Santa is bringing a skeletool will see if I like carrying it, if not I will toss it in a bag or vehicle.
Skeletools are cool as you can clip them anywhere on a backpack. The Juice had different combos like Vics. They’re going for sick money on eBay. Prices all over the place.

I don’t know why they decided to discontinue the Juice line. This is a compact very pocketable option for edc. The Phillips driver is square to accommodate a 1/4 drive socket. If you can find them aftermarket I recommend picking one up.View attachment 420204View attachment 420205
Ive been carrying a silver S2 everyday for years. Have the bit kit too. Somewhere I have a brand new orange one that I bought when I got the silver one. Great, compact edc.

Last edited:
Juice Pro here. Leatherman only made it for a year or two. The thing I liked about it was that it was smaller than the Wave. The sheath I have for it has a hole in the bottom that allows the pliers to be open in the sheath. I find that handy when I'm fishing.

I have and like the original. It resides in my wife’s glove box. For one handed use (typically on a ladder) the spring loaded pliers and size of the Sidekick make it an EDC family member along with a PM2. This one was a gift from Harvey. I have a ‘murdered out’ black version as well, but I broke the file trying to pry out QD mount plugs on my Magpul mossberg 590 stock. Womp womp
image.jpg

Any opinions on the skeletool CX for daily carry?
I want to buy one for the cool factor but it seems limited compared to other offerings in my opinion. I’ve never actually held one in hand but they do look pretty decent except for the minimum amount of options it has

I want to buy one for the cool factor but it seems limited compared to other offerings in my opinion. I’ve never actually held one in hand but they do look pretty decent except for the minimum amount of options it has

I see it’s more minimal but weight and bulk are definitely considerations for edc for me.

I should add that I have a Wave and a Swisstool X already so it wouldn’t be a first multitool.

... I’m loving the OD Green look...
(Even though it's a flat green), it somehow puts me in the mind of
the green that I admired in the Rolex ads
that I used to get spammed with half a dozen years ago.
116610_20LV_1561498415.jpg

Last edited:
I carry this Surge on my Duty belt everyday. I have 2 of them because I lost this one at some point, replaced it and then found it right were my dumb ass left it. I found it fits perfectly in a single Safariland double stack mag pouch.
I also have a couple of wingman’s and 2 OG lethermans I bought in the early 90s.

Attachments

• 3E839237-C7F0-4994-ABB8-BAFA173E02EC.jpeg
    3E839237-C7F0-4994-ABB8-BAFA173E02EC.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 779BA2FB-5E72-4C5B-8761-8433AD50760E.jpeg
    779BA2FB-5E72-4C5B-8761-8433AD50760E.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 36B4ADB1-2D03-4E78-B743-C047C3393E5C.jpeg
    36B4ADB1-2D03-4E78-B743-C047C3393E5C.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Lost another one…

My Leatherman Wingman is MIA. I lost a sidekick before that and seem to average about 3 years of use.
With that said, I’m curious if anyone has any thoughts on similar multi-tools from different companies. Gerber, SOG?

I’m partial to the medium/full size tools, moderately lightweight, and spring loaded pliers are a must in my current job.

$60-$70 is all I’m budgeting for something I use daily and am likely to lose in about 3 years. I don’t dislike the Sidekick or Wingman, just curious about options and since I’ll need a new one eventually, it’s not exactly a longterm investment.

Victorinox makes one for around a hundo, but less when on sale... (does not fit all of your requirements though...)
Swiss Quality...

Amazon product ASIN B0002T5YNWView: https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-SwissTool-Multi-tool-Nylon/dp/B0002T5YNW/ref=asc_df_B00004YVB1/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194852051030&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2881565139214510978&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001899&hvtargid=pla-309679362622&th=1

1630108056900.png

• Swisstool X
    $115.99
    ($5.62 / oz)

ColorStainless Steel
MaterialOther
BrandVictorinox
Item Dimensions LxWxH6 x 2 x 2 inches
Item Weight7.4 Ounces

About this item​

• A CUT ABOVE THE REST: Compact, agile and ready to face any adventure head-on. Our range of Swisstools continue to be an icon of utility and smart design. These are the most robust tools currently available in the Victorinox range.
  • DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Renown Swiss made stainless steel construction. Each tool is accessible from the outside and locks into place with its own spring and lock for ultimate precision, comfort, convenience and safety.
  • COMPACT CARRY: Bring this tool with you on your daily adventures without sacrificing space. It makes a great gift for any occasion or stocking stuffer for Christmas.
  • FIT FOR ALL TASKS: The idea is simple: always be prepared. The Swisstool is a multi-tool with an impressive list of features, ensuring you are ready for anything. Extremely handy, functional and compact, it is a complete toolbox in a single tool.
  • TRUSTED QUALITY: Made in Switzerland; Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy. No assembly required, money back guarantee.
  • PRODUCT DETAILS: Swiss made multi-tool with 24 tools and lockable blade. Height: 0.7 in, Length: 4.1 in., Weight: 7.4 oz., Scale Material: Stainless steel
  • FUNCTIONS: needle-nosed pliers, wire cutter for thin and soft wire up to 40 HRC, hard wire cutter, large blade with wavy edge, Phillips screwdriver 1/2, reamer/ punch, multipurpose hook, can opener, screwdriver 3 mm, bottle opener, screwdriver 6 mm, crate opener, wire bender, scissors, wood saw, metal saw, metal file, screwdriver 2 mm, chisel 7 mm, cable cover longitudinal cutter, cable cover, crossways cutter, wire stripper and scraper, lanyard hole, coupling for corkscrew
  • Folding multi-tool with 27 functions and stainless-steel body
  • 2mm, 3mm, and 6mm screwdrivers; Phillips head screwdriver
  • Bottle opener, create opener, combi-edge blade, and scissors
  • Metal file, metal saw, wood saw, chisel/scraper, and wire stripper
  • Measures 4.13 inches long; weighs 5.75 ounces; lifetime warranty

Lost another one…

My Leatherman Wingman is MIA. I lost a sidekick before that and seem to average about 3 years of use.
With that said, I’m curious if anyone has any thoughts on similar multi-tools from different companies. Gerber, SOG?

I’m partial to the medium/full size tools, moderately lightweight, and spring loaded pliers are a must in my current job.

$60-$70 is all I’m budgeting for something I use daily and am likely to lose in about 3 years. I don’t dislike the Sidekick or Wingman, just curious about options and since I’ll need a new one eventually, it’s not exactly a longterm investment.
I’ve had them all and Leatherman is probably your best bang for your buck. The SOG I owned had a push button to deploy the pliers. Cool, kind of gimmicky but not meant for hard use. The Victorinox is exceptional quality just like their Saks. The one I had the side panel was signed Elsener. I kick myself for letting it go. Get the wave. Perfect size. You might find it in the $80 price range in a blister pack. Kmart might have them.

I've got several of them.

Wingman, Wave, Rebar, and cheap Rev.

I carry the Wingman most often and the Rev gets tucked into the pocket of a pair of shorts ..... when I'm not working .... and doing a quick errand run out the door.

Back
Top Bottom