enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Lol.

Just got an e-blast and did not know there was an American "SAK"... [smile]

Leatherman FREE T4 Multi-Tool
1605276804025.png

Love the blade and the very neat looking 'pull' hole.

It's a little 'fatty' though...

Last edited:
I’ve worn out the sheath on my wave also. The old sheath is in the box of the new one. I suspect I’ll never wear the tool out. I used to kill the Phillips head by adjusting the torque on pneumatic screwdrivers. I would send the tool in for a replacement. That’s how I got the extra one.
[rofl2] HA! I've saved all my old cases too. Imma Geek...

* Never wore out a snap though... always the corner of the case wore out... Great snap!

Mine:

20201113_093144.jpg

I hadn't noticed how worn the bottom of my case got. I almost lost it once, not because of that, but I was in a hurry to get out the door to a bike ride I managed to put it on my belt upside down. [rolleyes] Fortunately, it fell out right at the beginning of the ride, where I managed to dump it in a rock garden. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Here’s my old sheath. I carried this Gerber for a while. Decent enough. At one point I think Leatherman surpassed Buck on the iconic Northeastern icon of a belt knife. Used to be everyone had a Buck, now or a while back it changed to Leatherman. The Gerber is cool in as it was unique. I used to joke in the shop when someone pulled out a Leatherman I would whip the Gerber out like it was a switchblade[laugh] If you look at the ends of the Waves one of the “bolsters”, has a stipple to it and the other one they are smooth. I’m not sure of the significance but these are pre locking tool Waves so I think they are collectible in themselves.E455F234-0230-4FFF-A43C-5833B92B156A.jpeg

Last edited:
I brought a Leatherman Flair at Costco back in 2002.. its basically a Leatherman with a bottle opener and a cork screw.. I sent it for rehab to Leatherman in 2016. I usually have it near my fridge for opening beer bottles, seems most beers in NC are in cans for some reason.

My EDC leatherman is a Leatherman Wave 1 from 2003.. This is an amazing tool. I did buy a Leatherman Wingman in 2018 because it had the most common tools that I would use.. however the Wingman doesn't have as good of pliers.

I was a fishing guide/chore boy on a dude ranch in Montana in 1995. I was given the standard issue Leatherman. I was wading the Madison in late June (higher water) and dropped it in fast waist deed pocket. Came back late August when the water was a foot lower and found it. Just a few cDdis husks on it.

Unfortunately, the next winter my wife and I were snowboarding at Mammoth in the Sierras and I lost it. I have a couple now, one doesn't stay shut (overlubed) any suggestions?

Just got around to checking my email and found this 15% off coupon on ALL Leatherman Products. "GiveLT15"
But you've got to act fast... It turns into a Pumpkin at Midnight...

Leatherman Tools, Sheaths, Parts and Accessories
1605328639504.png

I snagged the Leatherman FREE T4 and saved $9 bucks...

1605328920753.png

Last edited:
I’ve tried them all and always come back to the Leatherman Wave, except when I’m on the boat then I usually have the Gerber that you can deploy the needle nose with one hand. When the fishing is good I always seem to be short a pair of pliers.

Has anyone tried the titanium Leatherman Wave or Charge models, they come with upgraded knife steel too. I’m wondering if they are worth the extra money. A regular wave tool is about $100 the titanium is about $70 more.

Last edited:
Is it the Charge (+) Plus what you have? I really like the looks of the one @SHOCKNAWE posted above in black?
It’s the Charge. From my understanding the Charge Plus has the replaceable wire snips on the pliers. Keep in mind if you do buy this model it only comes with a partial set of screwdriver bits, I actually found a complete set new on EBay for $22 so that would/should be an added purchase. It’s a great tool 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom