Leather Holster Recommendation for S&W 1911

Check Simply Rugged. They make really nice leather holsters with options for just about everything (full size, commander, rail or not, light/laser or not, etc...).

Looks like the Cuda might work

How do you like the e series? Was eyeballing one today

I just picked it up so I haven’t been to the range with it yet but I can say that it is well fitted and a good looking weapon.

If I was “picking nits” as they say……

I‘m a purist so I’m not nuts about the external extractor and the scalloping but the scalloping gives you a better purchase on the frame than the old style lines.

To the others that have responded so far. Thanks for your suggestions.

Bob

See my post here:

Milt Sparks. Best leather holster bar none - 26 week lead time sucks!
I don't care about lead time.

I put in orders for holsters for guns I don't even own yet.

Those holsters are a work of art.

I bought one from an NES'er years ago and now I'm hooked.

Mr. Sparks is actually no longer with us but the company still does amazing work.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I love Galco's "Concealable belt Holsters"
I have a couple of Milt Sparks but like the way the Galco pulls tight and how high the gun rides, the cant, and think the boning detail is as good as anybody's.
If you want to get fancy, they come in horse hide. alligator, sharkskin, ostrich and stingray.
The new 2.0 is available for red dots.

1642824029140.png

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but I love Galco's "Concealable belt Holsters"
I have a couple of Milt Sparks but like the way the Galco pulls tight and how high the gun rides, the cant, and think the boning detail is as good as anybody's.
If you want to get fancy, they come in horse hide. alligator, sharkskin, ostrich and stingray.

View attachment 567667
Ive used the Galco above for my G17 winter carry and its been a good holster. Again, not overly expensive and available.

Even a little better (thicker) I carry my 1911's in a 1791 Signature Brown Holster......55 bucks on Amazon. There are many other colors available as well.

Again, don't flame me, they aren't the quality of Milt Sparks, Rosen or others, but they work. And I generally only OWB in winter, so its not a year round holster for me.

Here’s my S&W branded De Santis. Grabbed it from the Shooting Sports Center when I bought this 1911pd. I like it.

587FE1CB-3F72-48C4-83C8-DF7DEDF0047B.jpeg

after spending lots of money on holsters I have finally found that the simpler the holster the more I like it. I use leather "slide" style holsters whether I'm carrying my shield or my 1911 or anything in between.
something like this, sometimes even smaller

View attachment 567667
I use this one, been using Galco's for years.

Back
Top Bottom