• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LEARN TO RELOAD

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
I had just got all new reloading equipment redding and lyman and some rcbs
I spent a good chunk of money I have got almost all the books on reloading and read them all I know the procedure to reload but I was wondering if there are classes somewhere I just want to understand not just know I heard the best way to learn is to have somebody walk you through it. Thank you for the info

go to youtube type in 550b ton of vids walking through set up and relaoding. not your press but it will give you a idea. Even try typing in your model number press.

Do you know anyone that reloads? I learned the basics from a friend. I've been reloading now for about 5 years and still pick-up new techniques all the time.
Mil-Dot

I was reading through a few reloading manuals I have and they all say not too substitute bullet, primer, and brass I go to my local shops bobs gun and archery and sparkys they say its ok with the brass and primers in certain cases i was just looking for other opinions

In most cases, it's OK to substitute different brands of brass and primers, although you shouldn't substitute magnum for non-magnum or rifle for pistol primers.

The only real issue w/brass I am aware of is substituting military brass for civilian and using your civilian load data. Military brass is thicker and, thus, has less volume. This means increased pressure for the same powder charge.

Note that a load you worked up using military brass is perfectly safe in civilian brass.

As for primers; NEVER use magnum primers in a load not calling for them unless and until you work up from the bottom of the loading chart and NEVER just substitute a magnum primer just because you ran out of regular primers.

You MAY substitute small rifle primers for small pistol primers in loads you have worked up. Note that this does NOT work with large pistol/rifle primers. [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom