Learn Fly Tying in NH - FREE COURSE from NHF&G

Monadnock

NES Member
New Hampshire Fish & Game runs a program named "Let's Go Fishing", and it has a few subgenres included, among them is Fly Tying. They also run a Fly Fishing class at McDowell Reservoir in Peterborough when the season starts and into the spring and summer.

Here's a link to class registration:

Events | New Hampshire Fish and Game

January
LET'S GO FISHING PROGRAM
FLY TYING
HeaderColorOrange.png
Registration Full 0 of 12 seats remaining
01/04 12:00 PM
Stone River Outfitters
Amherst NH, NH 03031
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 9 of 10 seats remaining
01/11 08:00 AM
NH Fish and Game Region 1
Lancaster, NH 03584
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 12 of 12 seats remaining
01/11 01:00 PM
NH Fish and Game Region 1
Lancaster, NH 03584
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 7 of 10 seats remaining
01/22 05:30 PM to 01/23 07:30 PM
Tracy Memorial Library
New London, NH 03257
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 8 of 12 seats remaining
01/25 09:00 AM
Great Bay Discovery Center
Greenland, NH 03840
February
LET'S GO FISHING PROGRAM
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 10 of 10 seats remaining
02/05 05:30 PM to 02/19 07:30 PM
Bartlett Memorial Library
Brentwood, NH 03833
FLY TYING
HeaderColorGreen.png
Registration Open 8 of 10 seats remaining
02/15 08:30 AM
ENFIELD COMMUNITY BUILDING
ENFIELD, NH 03784

Participants must commit to attending the entire class.

The course will be instructed by master fly tier and Let’s Go Fishing instructor Scott Biron.

Preregistration is required and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. The course is limited to 10 participants, ages 15 and older. All program materials and equipment will be provided. No experience is required.

Participants will learn to tie several fly patterns that are commonly used in New Hampshire waters. They will be introduced to the use of all of the basic tools and materials necessary to tie flies, and learn what the flies imitate. Instructors will also discuss insect anatomy and explain why a particular fly is used.

New Hampshire Fish and Game’s “Let's Go Fishing” program has taught thousands of children and adults to be safe, ethical and successful anglers. Find out more at www.fishnh.com/fishing/lgf-schedule.html. The program is federally funded through the Sport Fish Restoration Program.

Instructed by:
Scott Biron

Email: [email protected]

I took that class several years ago.
Great instruction, practice time, and practical exercises.
I even caught a fish on the last day!

I only started tying flies this past year. When started fly fishing a couple of years ago, I was buying my flies. This past fall I took a course in Keene taught by Larry Antonuk. I have been tying in earnest since. The picture attached shows a Fire Tiger Tandem Streamer, I have four of them, The next two are Joes Smelt and the last two are Wardens Worry. Today I completed 4) Miss Sharons ,They are also a tandem streamers.

Back
Top Bottom