LE Marked Defense Ammo

I recently saw a WTT add stating that they wanted to trade their LE marked ammo for non-LE marked ammo based on conversations or reading or something.

So, is it bad juju for a serf in this state (Mass) to carry LE marked ammo? It seems reasonable that this would come up at trial ... or doesn't it? Are the casings marked LE? What about the bullets? I've been tempted by Winchester and Federal LE marked defensive ammo, but maybe I'd be better off with serf marked ammo.

Thanks

some people read too much gun rag BS. There is no legal problem with a civilian using ammo marked for "Law Enforcement" as that is a marketing and money making restriction placed on ammunition by the Manufacturer, not any law or regulation. For instance, Speer LE marked ammo is the same as the Civilian, except it comes in a smaller box. PDX and Bonded Ranger are the same, different size box. Catch my drift? As a matter of fact the better deal price wise is generally to get the LE boxed stuff, as its almost always less expensive.

No problem...in fact a good defense in a shooting where the shooter was brought to trial, would be that by using police ammunition, the defendant was actually exercising a greater degree of responsibility as most police ammunition is designed with both officer safety (whatever the hell that means) and public safety in mind. Police ammunition is designed to be retained within the target and not overpenetrate with the bullet going through and hitting an innocent bystander. By using "what the police use"...the defendant clearly displayed good judgment in exercising care and caution.

Of course, one does not always want to use "what the local police use" (which is advice that is frequently given) as some rounds are more effective than others. When the NYPD switched over to 9mm, for instance, they were not allowed to use hollowpoints or soft points, they were using ball which is over penatrative and of course usually does not expand.

Anything, however, marked "Law Enforcement Only" is not an issue nor is possessing such ammunition illegal in Massachusetts.

Apparently this is information GOAL is putting out in one of their courses. Bad enought when the prosecutors, attorney generals and CHSB put out false information.

Thanks for the replies guys.

No problem...in fact a good defense in a shooting where the shooter was brought to trial, would be that by using police ammunition, the defendant was actually exercising a greater degree of responsibility as most police ammunition is designed with both officer safety (whatever the hell that means) and public safety in mind. Police ammunition is designed to be retained within the target and not overpenetrate with the bullet going through and hitting an innocent bystander. By using "what the police use"...the defendant clearly displayed good judgment in exercising care and caution.

This sounds good to me. :) I like it

Back
Top Bottom