• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LC9S Pro

Just took the LC9S pro to the range and gotta say I am impressed. Very easy to be accurate, points very naturally for me, crisp and smooth controls, and excellent trigger.

only fired 60 rds of FMJ so cant much comment yet on reliability. It does feel a little bit snappier than shield or G43....more along the lines of PM9. Regardless its a 9mm so "snappy" is relative....still very shootable.

anyway if youre on the fence on the LC9s (or pro) give it a try...i am no fan of ruger auto pistols but this one seems like a winner.

Is the LC9S Pro available new in Mass from a normal dealer (I don't know the special dealers that regularly sell Glocks to the peons)? I'm lefty and like things without safeties.

Great gun! amazing trigger, good capacity and eats anything! I am a die hard glock fan boy but The ruger lc9s pro is a keeper!

My son has the reg lc9s and I have to say they may have fixed the two worst features of the gun

The new Pro model is offered without a thumb-operated manual safety lever or a magazine disconnect safety.

I always laugh when we are doing dry fire drills or he is cleaning his gun and out comes the "NJ complaint mag" aka orange thing

I got a chance to fondle a LC9s (MA version) yesterday at my LGS. All i have to say is I'm sold. The trigger on that thing is glass, yes even the commie version. The mag disconnect is something to be desired, nothing a little gunsmithing can take care of. I cant wait til the tax free holiday.

Mike

i sold my lc9s pro. agree trigger was nice but i found followup shots slower than G43 or M&P shield due to more muzzle flip on the LC9S. the slide on the LC9S is lighter than its competition, which is why ruger put a heavy recoil spring to accomodate.

WRT recoil, closest gun ive found to the LC9 is the keltec PF9 but the latter isnt striker of course.

also on LC9s i found the takedown annoying and the slide release is positioned right where my R thumb rests...basically wsnt a match for me but it does seem well built and i can see the appeal.

justin opinion's take on the LC9s. i had pretty much exact same experience as him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I've gotten my lc9s pro it's been my every day carry gun. I like that it's point and shoot with no safety. I don't want a mag disconnect and the trigger is awesome.
I can shoot this gun much more accurately and with quicker follow up shots than my sig p938 Equinox. I like that my ruger has a six o'clock hold. The sig is a twelve o'clock hold which partly hides your target from view. The only real complaint is no nite sights on the pro and I'm afraid if I got after market nite sights it would change the point of impact.
I've never had a problem hitting the slide lock by mistake. The gun hasn't had one issue with any of the app. 1000ish round I've fired they it
I expect a light pistol to be a little bit snappy. Nothing that's hard to deal with. My girlfriend can handle it no problem. Light makes it easier to carry all day so there's no reason to go without it.

Have a LC9s Pro. While I can see its appeal- amazing trigger, no crappy safety's, smooth as shit trigger its a love it or hate it piece. I'm not a fan of mine, I dislike the takedown as well as the slide lock.

Last edited:
i sold my lc9s pro. agree trigger was nice but i found followup shots slower than G43 or M&P shield due to more muzzle flip on the LC9S. the slide on the LC9S is lighter than its competition, which is why ruger put a heavy recoil spring to accomodate.

WRT recoil, closest gun ive found to the LC9 is the keltec PF9 but the latter isnt striker of course.

also on LC9s i found the takedown annoying and the slide release is positioned right where my R thumb rests...basically wsnt a match for me but it does seem well built and i can see the appeal.

I tried one in store, great trigger, but the gun seems light, and a bit too small in the hand, but with heavy slide rack. I need to try a Glock 42/43 and PPS M2.

I have had my LC9s since July. I have shot about 70 to 100 rds so far of FMJ and HP. No issues at all with the gun. I have small hands, so its a real nice fit for me.

Back
Top Bottom