LC9s Feed Problems

Before I would call Ruger I would listen to what others have posted and buy a box of Remington golden saber JHP ammo in any bullet weight. I suggest those only because they tend to be the least expensive defensive ammo. Try them, or a similar JHP ammo and see what happens. It very well may be that after you put a few hundred rounds thru it then anything will work flawlessly.

Winchester white box is notoriously mild ammo and may or may not work reliably in a brand new gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

Before I would call Ruger I would listen to what others have posted and buy a box of Remington golden saber JHP ammo in any bullet weight. I suggest those only because they tend to be the least expensive defensive ammo. Try them, or a similar JHP ammo and see what happens. It very well may be that after you put a few hundred rounds thru it then anything will work flawlessly.

Winchester white box is notoriously mild ammo and may or may not work reliably in a brand new gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

This gun has seen over 500 rounds already.

Just a update, We tried everything so its on its way to ruger.

Funny story Had to ship Fedex. When we pulled up I said to my son wouldnt it be funny if the door said no guns. Get up to the door and sure as crap is says not guns. So I went back the car and put my shield under the seat and headed back in lol

I said how can you guys ban guns from the building but take my money to ship a gun? (really rugers money lol)

I saw a guy at the range who had the same problem with a 9mm M&P. Turns out he bought 9mm short (380) by accident and couldn't figure out why he was getting failures.

If all else fails send it to Ruger! They will fix it and get it back asap.

I saw a guy at the range who had the same problem with a 9mm M&P. Turns out he bought 9mm short (380) by accident and couldn't figure out why he was getting failures.

If all else fails send it to Ruger! They will fix it and get it back asap.

It isnt the ammo, we tried many types. You know when you buy 380 by the cost, not to mention the size difference lol It is at ruger now

Just a update, We tried everything so its on its way to ruger.

Funny story Had to ship Fedex. When we pulled up I said to my son wouldnt it be funny if the door said no guns. Get up to the door and sure as crap is says not guns. So I went back the car and put my shield under the seat and headed back in lol

I said how can you guys ban guns from the building but take my money to ship a gun? (really rugers money lol)

Hopefully, Ruger makes things right in short order.
Please make sure to update us when Ruger gets back to you.

My LC9s Pro resides in my pocket most days and have never had so much as a hiccup with it. I don't see any reason yours shouldn't be the same.

It isnt the ammo, we tried many types. You know when you buy 380 by the cost, not to mention the size difference lol It is at ruger now

Just sharing a funny story... I in no way thought that was what you were doing... Good luck with your pistol!

No problems at all with mine and yesterday shot Federal aluminum case with no problems. Perfecta ammo also from Wally, no problems. Using Ruger mags only. The one that came with it made in USA and the new one I just got made in Italy. Both work fine.

Back
Top Bottom