• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LC9 finish

I picked up a ruger lc9 and a sr22 a few months ago. I was very impressed with both gun at the range and was thinking of picking up a revolver. So I started to think I would stick with ruger. Then I notice the finish on the lc9 was wearing off the slide. It looks like normal holster wear. It had only been a couple months though. I carry just about every day but I carried my m&p everyday for much longer with no signs of fading. When I contacted ruger thinking it can't hurt they told me I should clean my gun after every use. Which I do with all my guns. This has kind of turned me away from the company.

What do you think? Is this normal?

I believe the LC9 has a blued finish which will wear off faster than an M&P which is a Melonite finish, a much tougher finish. Melonite is used on other firearms too like SIG but each company calls it a different brand name, SIG = Nitron finish. I dont CCW a blued gun so I cant say how fast its finish would normally start to wear off.
If they told you to just clean your gun after each use then they didnt understand what you were asking them since that doesnt have anything to do with the finish wearing off. Seems like they had a newbie on the customer service phone that day. They've been pretty helpful to me when I've ordered parts etc before.

Back
Top Bottom