Lawmakers want to know why people are leaving New York state

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the Empire Center for Public Policy, 1.4 million people have left New York since 2010. The report shows the majority of people who left moved to Florida, Texas, California, and Pennsylvania.

Republican Sen. Jim Tedisco and Democratic Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, who chairs the Commission on Rural Resources, say they will put a questionnaire online and hold roundtable meetings across the state to get to the bottom of this trend before the Empire State becomes the "Empty State."
"We need to find out why," he said. "I suspect that we will hear about things like bail reform, we'll hear about high taxes, but we may also hear about other issues as well, so we want to get the full picture."

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I love it. First, they f*ck up the State. Then, they play stupid and put a questionnaire to look like they care and want to un f*ck it.

I wish I could get paid to break stuff at work and then "try" to fix it.
Get into consulting: You get to identify easy, fixable problems and drag them out as long as possible for a nice fat hourly rate.

SFC13557

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and those pieces of shit Cuomo and Comrade Bill forced one of their biggest taxpayers, Donald J. Trump to move to FL. and take his tax returns with him. Talk about Dumb and Dumber!

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I couldn't see moving from NY to Cali.....jesus.....frying pan into the fire
"Weather generally isn't pure shit" *drops mic*

Both commie states but honestly that's probably about 80% of the reason people stay in CA...

-Mike

Jason m

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think NY law makers should ask why are the right people ( aka people with money ) leaving NY. They have plenty who are moving in to suck from the teat, but just as many who are fleeing. Those leaving will bring there dumb ideas with them and sh$t all over where they end up.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope they lose one.
They will. There are 435 seats in the house. Every state has to have at least one, the rest are allocated based on population. NY has been losing population over the last couple of years, and the population growth prior lagged behind other large states (notable Texas, Florida and Utah). Thus their percentage of population has declined, and they will lose a seat.

Economically the NYC metro area (NYC, Long Island and the 4 counties just north of the city) are the only parts of the state seeing positive economic activity and a steady population. Upstate (just north of PA) could've seen a boom due to natural gas production via fracking, but Governor Cuomo banned fracking. The rest of the rust belt has been hurting, and the governors "economic growth plans" have been corrupt failures, thus folks leave for better opportunity and better weather. Add in high taxes and lots of regulations, and here's your basket case.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Aparently, it is. They voted for AOC. That says a lot.
Bear in mind, her district is like completely encapsulated inside NYC..... if not for that, in most of the rest of the
state she'd probably be unelectable. Most of these states with big dump cities in them end up holding the rest of the state
hostage with awful politicians. Chicago and NYC are probably the two most prolific examples- the BDC being nothing in character like the other geographic 80% of the
state it's in.

-Mike

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New York has always sucked. New York will never be a good place to live. We should give it back to the Dutch. Or better yet, turn the whole state back into an Iroquois nation.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
[popcorn]

Top Bottom