• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)

I drove past these sackless shits of wonder when was heading to Ogunquit on Saturday morning. I wanted to stop, but had to be somewhere on a tight deadline :(

I just find it so disappointing that so many people in our society want to continue using the same band-aid solutions to a problem instead of trading the cause of the issue. They love to treat a symptom, but never the actual disease. It really shows just how f***ing stupid our society has become.

Bloomberg couldn't even get one full bus load ?
As far as those two Reps that started that shit?
Up yours and go slink back into the woodwork.

Too bad I live out of state. Would love to see the look on their faces when walking out with a brandy new AR with tags still on it, and a box of p-mags, and a case of ammo in the cart... Would walk by nice and slow and thave the phone recording.... Just so much win...

I can almost guarantee they would have looked blankly at your haul, and then looked around at their "handler" and said "Is this the one we're not supposed to like?"

Bows and arrows.

Pointy sticks.

Clubs.

Rocks.

Hands.
Femurs.
2001-DT-Dan-Richter-as-Moonwatcher-filming_Trumbull_border-min.png

Bill of Rights lists "AK-47's" right after "muskets", ignoramus.

Rep point to anyone that can ID the rifle on her sign....[rofl]
Dotmaster-2000.

It literally looks like the shit I used to draw in the 2nd grade, complete with the stream of "bullets" coming out the end.
The fighter jet that Flounder was sketching in English Lit 101 looked better.

That is the rare and highly sought after "Pew Pew 42" [smile]
That's either a AK 15 or an AR 47. Easy. Jack.
That’s her two-handled broom.
It's a fully semi automatic scary black killy rifle.
That's Named Pipes assault musket sans bayonet. With the folding stock deployed
Femurs.
Dotmaster-2000.
The fighter jet that Flounder was sketching in English Lit 101 looked better.

F*** it... close enough. [banana]

Couple things here

1. The bill of rights doesn't "endorse" a damn thing. And.....it doesn't "grant" rights either. It "recognizes" them......and that word was chosen for a reason......"granting" or in the case of this dumb twatwaffle holding the sign....."endorsing" implies the right can be taken away.

2. No......just no......if your statement is correct stick to your printing press to get your I'll conceived point accross .

Makes me want to drive up to Kittery soon, to check out the goods. They usually have a lot of summer clothes on sale right about now, and the Maine beaches are at their warmest coincidentally right about now.

They will push and push on this front until they get some liberal judge to agree that 2A meant muskets. Then, using precedent, they will clamp down on 1A (internet, TV, radio) and 4A (computers, phones,memory sticks).

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

Despite the lame turnout, they should still sue the lawmakers who penned the extortion letter. Examples need to be made.

Sent a thank you to KTP President. I also agree with the idea of making an example out of the politicians who thought of doing this.

I honestly haven't been in KTP in years. However, I have to go to a customers site on Wednesday. I will have to stop in and show my support with my wallet on the way home.

Thats as stupid as saying the 1st amendment endorsed Quill Pens and Gutenberg Presses, not modern writing utensils, or high speed presses or TV or Radio.

These people have got to go.

Neither amendment endorsed anything, they addressed a PRINCIPLE and the rights of the people and codified them into law.

If these fools spent as much time doing a cursory reading of the Bill of Rights as they spent on the phone with their fellow fools organizing this idiotic protest, they might have a clue as to what they are talking about. As it is, they simply show that they need to find somewhere else to live, preferrably in a violent dictatorship where their every minute of life is actually threatened.....by the government.

Last edited:
I'm sure Fox had a canned response, but it was nice:

Hi Kevin,

We are proud of our 80 year Sporting Heritage and have no plans to change anything.

Thank you for your support.

Fox

Fox Keim, Vice President
Kittery Trading Post
301 US Route #1, Kittery Maine 03904
207-752-9006 www.ktp.com
Well, yes, canned in that he says the same to all. However, I mentioned working on moving back to NH, part of the reason being places like KTP. Mr. Keim added "good luck with the move", so he must still be reading and replying to all of the contacts.

Boy, if all 47 who were interested went they still would have had an abysmal turnout. Just goes to show what happens when it's really a grassroots effort and they aren't busing people in from NYC. See? You're in the minority; Maine wants to keep its guns.

How many of those protesting would actually even shop at KTP for non gun stuff? I would think most of them would prefer Lane Bryant, Talbots or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom