Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)

"Want to help and participate? By copying this link to a web browser you can sign up for a 2 hour shift. (Or come whenever you can)
KTP Protest
"

We should all sign up and not show up.

If it wasn't for the fact I have a funeral for a dear friend that passed this week, I'd be there in a heartbeat. If it had been Sunday or Monday, I would've been there. Why can't these anti's plan anything right?

Does KTP take trades or buy guns?

Nothing would make the moon bats shit themselves more than watching people walking around the parking lots with military style assault rifles slung over their shoulders.

A 10/22 will do just fine. They’ll never know the difference.

Looks like the Kittery Police Dept are in support of this anti-gun protest. I just noticed the parking info they have posted:

PARKING INFO:
  • Park in the Kittery Police Dept. parking lot at 200 Rogers Rd. We will provide a shuttle to Kittery Trading Post every half hour. If you are wearing orange, we’ll find you. It’s just under a mile if you choose to walk.

• You can park on Picott Rd. off Wilson Rd. (as long as you leave enough room for a fire engine to get through). It’s less than a half mile walk from there to KTP.

• Use your good judgment in finding a public place to park that will not interfere with shoppers. Or take advantage of the shuttle we are offering from the Kittery Police Department.

• Carpool, have someone drop you off, or ride your bike.

OK, here's the contrarian view.

First, I think these people are wrong, and wrong-headed. I obviously support KTP's right to sell anything legal, and am a huge supporter of and owner of AR-style rifles. I shouldn't have to say that, based on posts here, but someone is going to jump in and troll.

Having said that, I have no problem with people exercising the the right of the people peaceably to assemble. Heck, that may even be written down somewhere. They're being held in an area that doesn't stop people from entering or exiting, or keeping KTP from conducting business. They're just exercising their 1st Amendment rights, same as me exercising my 2nd Amendment rights. The Kittery PD seems to be providing the same "service" they provide to any protest group.

So, if a bunch of aging hippies want to make their voices heard by exercising their right to protest, in a peaceful and orderly way, that doesn't interfere with people coming and going, then have at it. Our response, if we want to nullify them, is either by counter protest to make our voices heard, or by spending money there, and letting our dollars be heard. Not by running and reporting them like some tattletale schoolkids.

Again, let me close by saying these people are wrong, and wrong-headed. I obviously support KTP's right to sell anything legal, and am a huge supporter of and owner of AR-style rifles.

Looks like the Kittery Police Dept are in support of this anti-gun protest. I just noticed the parking info they have posted:

PARKING INFO:
  • Park in the Kittery Police Dept. parking lot at 200 Rogers Rd. We will provide a shuttle to Kittery Trading Post every half hour. If you are wearing orange, we’ll find you.

• Use your good judgment in finding a public place to park that will not interfere with shoppers.
  • or ride your bike.
So, KPD will be looking for escaped convicts now? Or are they making people in the loony bin wear orange, too?
If they were using "good judgement" they wouldn't be protesting a legal business that brings the town a lot of revenue, now would they?
hogg-on-bike-jpg.243634

PARKING INFO:
  • Park in the Kittery Police Dept. parking lot at 200 Rogers Rd. We will provide a shuttle to Kittery Trading Post every half hour. If you are wearing orange, we’ll find you. It’s just under a mile if you choose to walk.

• You can park on Picott Rd. off Wilson Rd. (as long as you leave enough room for a fire engine to get through). It’s less than a half mile walk from there to KTP.

• Use your good judgment in finding a public place to park that will not interfere with shoppers. Or take advantage of the shuttle we are offering from the Kittery Police Department.

I'm not sure that constitutes the Kittery PD supporting the rally. The KPD isn't supplying the shuttle, they're just allowing protestors to park there so as not to gum up the area.
I predict the counter-protestors will outnumber them 2-1.

I'm not sure that constitutes the Kittery PD supporting the rally. The KPD isn't supplying the shuttle, they're just allowing protestors to park there so as not to gum up the area.

How about co-opting their shuttle service? Show up in your hunting orange and get a free ride to KTP. Walk right past the idiots and join the counter-protesters.

How about co-opting their shuttle service? Show up in your hunting orange and get a free ride to KTP. Walk right past the idiots and join the counter-protesters.
Seems legit. The sign-up at KTP Protest was for participating.
KTP Protest signup sheet
We need volunteers for the protest for 2 different shifts to make sure our presence is known.

To sign up, select a row below
I don't see where it specifies the position for which you must advocate.

Protest info:
  • Wear orange - the preferred color of gun sense advocates.
  • Check in with a monitor who will be by the crosswalk on Wilson Rd.
  • Monitors will be wearing bright green armbands. Please follow their directions.
  • Protestors should bring water, sunglasses, a sunhat, and a sign.
  • There will likely be a counter protest. Please DO NOT ENGAGE with counterprotesters. HOW WE ACT AND REACT will speak to our cause. We expect that the press will be there. Depending on where and how many counterprotesters there are, we may need to be flexible as to our specific location.
  • The Kittery Police Department will be providing two officers to ensure our safety
    during this event.
  • At our last meeting, the organizers decided that this will be a silent protest.

Last edited:

Exactly HOW is this NOT the Kittery PD openly supporting the protesters? I don't recall Boston providing free buses to bring in OUR protesters when Maura lost her mind a couple years ago.

As for not interfering with shoppers, that's the WHOLE POINT of the protest. They want to interfere with the buyers and the shop.

Somebody should be arresting the entire KPD.

PARKING INFO:

That comes from this link: Kittery Trading Post Protest

Who are "we" and "their" ? I tend to lean towards Pat's reading of the shuttle and parking. I would like to think "they" were told by KTP not to trespass and the police allowed parking.

Last edited:
Exactly HOW is this NOT the Kittery PD openly supporting the protesters? I don't recall Boston providing free buses to bring in OUR protesters when Maura lost her mind a couple years ago.

As for not interfering with shoppers, that's the WHOLE POINT of the protest. They want to interfere with the buyers and the shop.

Sigh...

The PD isn’t providing the busses. The protest organizers are. Those quotes are from the protesters’ site, not the KPD. All the KPD is providing is a place to park so as to not clog up traffic in town.

And the protesters are doing a “silent protest,” just holding signs, and they’ll be confined to one sidewalk area.

Aging hippies, doing their First Amendment thing. Confused (too many drugs), wrong on the facts and wrong on the law. I’d be surprised if we didn’t see tie-dyed shirts and a “Get out of Viet Nam” sign or two.

I'll be there shopping for another 1911 on Saturday most likely. Ive got enough ARs for now which is too bad really. I'd love to walk past them brandishing a spanking new "weapon of war" just to see the looks on their faces.

While I understand your excited state of mind here......before you go conduct a citizens arrest of an entire police department....may iI sugges you slow down.......breathe .....and re read the statement. It's from the protestors site NOT KPD....."WE will provide busses" means the protesting group provides busses. KPD is allowing a place to park to keep route 1 open that's all.

That comes from this link: Kittery Trading Post Protest

Who are "we" and "their" ? I tend to lean towards Pat's reading of the shuttle and parking. I would like to think "they" were told by KTP not to trespass and the police allowed parking.

Never said anything about the police supporting the protest, first of all. Second, if you read the protest event, they clearly take ownership of the shuttle service: "wear orange, we will find you!"

I'll be there shopping for another 1911 on Saturday most likely. Ive got enough ARs for now which is too bad really. I'd love to walk past them brandishing a spanking new "weapon of war" just to see the looks on their faces.

The ironic part is the 1911 is every bit as much a “weapon of war” as the AR15, but the hippies are too ignorant to know that.

While I understand your excited state of mind here......before you go conduct a citizens arrest of an entire police department....may iI sugges you slow down.......breathe .....and re read the statement. It's from the protestors site NOT KPD....."WE will provide busses" means the protesting group provides busses. KPD is allowing a place to park to keep route 1 open that's all.

You've never seen me excited and frankly, we're probably both the better for it ;)

Ok, whether it is a shuttle or parking spaces, it isn't seemly for the police to be providing anything. Except possibly being on hand to make sure nobody throws a banana cream pie in anybody's face.

Back
Top Bottom