• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)

Here is the reply I got from one of them. From what he says it is obvious he has no idea what a semi-auto is or about the brief federal laws pertaining to the so called assault rifle. I did reply and pointed out his ignorance and have not gotten another reply.

"I am sorry I have not made my position clear. I am totally in fair of expanding deer permits. I can even see semi-automatics at ranges (as long as they stay there). Semi-automatics were not legal from 1994 to 2004, so it is not a constitutional issue. I am politely asking the Trading Post to make guns that could easily be used for mass shootings less available. I know people are lawsuit happy but I know there is no basis for a lawsuit for asking."

Rep. Deane Rykerson, Maine House District 1
1 Salt Marsh Ln
Kittery Point 03905
207 439 8755
www.rykersonforkittery.org

Obviously Deane Rykerson thinks the 2A is about deer hunting. He also didn't proof read his letter before sending it out, unless the typo in the second sentence is a product of the poster.

Mr. Rykerson actually there IS basis for a lawsuit against YOU and your two tyrant cohorts. You are using the titles of your office as elected officials as a basis to exhibit and insinuate a claim of legal authority and intimidate and oppress the activities of a legal business entity that is conducting lawful business in the state of Maine.
That is abuse of office. Had you done the same as private citizens you would have been within your rights, but as an elected official and sending your letter identifying yourselves as such you have overstepped your bounds and are in violation of the law, placing yourselves in jeopardy.

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any rightor privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

Perhaps you should now seek legal council for the potential suit that may be brought against you in the near future.

Here is the reply I got from one of them. From what he says it is obvious he has no idea what a semi-auto is or about the brief federal laws pertaining to the so called assault rifle. I did reply and pointed out his ignorance and have not gotten another reply.

"I am sorry I have not made my position clear. I am totally in fair of expanding deer permits. I can even see semi-automatics at ranges (as long as they stay there). Semi-automatics were not legal from 1994 to 2004, so it is not a constitutional issue. I am politely asking the Trading Post to make guns that could easily be used for mass shootings less available. I know people are lawsuit happy but I know there is no basis for a lawsuit for asking."

1 Salt Marsh Ln
Kittery Point 03905
207 439 8755

Is this a direct cut-and-paste? In addition to the idiotic shit about "semi-automatics," did he really say he's "totally in fair of expanding deer permits?"

What kind of moron is this guy?

Trump claims to be a huge supporter of the 2nd A. yet stands by while state after state screws their gun owners

Lets see what happens after he gets another SC pick. Especially if there's no blue wave in November and he then gets a second term. I think his second term is when he starts putting the screws to all this unconstitutional bullshit.

1 Salt Marsh Ln
Kittery Point 03905
207 439 8755

Last sentence makes zero sense... but then again nothing about this does.

Another classic example of gun grabbers not knowing what they are talking about. Semi-auto's weren't legal from 1994 to 2004 huh? Wow who knew that!:rolleyes:

And don't worry it isn't a Constitutional issue because, well, I don't understand/respect how the Constitution works.

Trump claims to be a huge supporter of the 2nd A. yet stands by while state after state screws their gun owners
I don't think the President can do a whole lot directly about individual state laws. We must be patient and wait while those laws are challenged and (hopefully) come before a more 2A friendly SCOTUS.

How does this law not apply to all of these people harassing store owners or any other business owners for that matter?

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

Everyone knows that laws do not apply to Democrats, duh!

Last sentence makes zero sense... but then again nothing about this does.

Another classic example of gun grabbers not knowing what they are talking about. Semi-auto's weren't legal from 1994 to 2004 huh? Wow who knew that!:rolleyes:

And don't worry it isn't a Constitutional issue because, well, I don't understand/respect how the Constitution works.

He's from NY...whadda you expect?

I don't think the President can do a whole lot directly about individual state laws. We must be patient and wait while those laws are challenged and (hopefully) come before a more 2A friendly SCOTUS.

Actually the The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241 is a federal Law and I believe the President can do something about it.

Yet the Liberals get to cry foul when Transgenders don't get their choice of bathrooms in NC.

Actually the The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241 is a federal Law and I believe the President can do something about it.
Well, I sympathize with you, but how many times has that worked out for us in the past? Zero I believe. [thinking] Something about "qualified immunity" protecting our worthless leftist pols? [banghead]

I believe it would still have to go through the courts. I don't think the President can just unilaterally put those worthless pols in jail. [hmmm]

Kittery is well known among gun people in Mass and RI. If they moved over to somewhere outside Nashua, they'd probably get even more business then before cuz no sales tax.
Unfortunately, KTP is one of those companies that has been intimidated by our series of nutty anti-2A AG's and refuses to sell handguns to Massachusetts residents (via FFL-to-FFL transfer, of course). They have disappointed me more than a few times. I guess that's why I am not a big fan... but that said, I still think this ugly intimidation thing is despicable. [thinking]

No, but he CAN do stuff about the ATF, DEA, FBI, NSA, DHS, CBP, ICE, etc.

With Maine being one of the top 5 safest states in the nation perhaps these lying scumsucking opportunist propagandist politicians' time is better spent on actual problems that exist in ME!
In other words, follow the oath you took!

Back
Top Bottom