• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)

Kittery is way more than a gun store.

And it could very easily move its entire operation just over the border into New Hampshire. That would be the ultimate kick in the nutsack to Maine and the douchebags that seek to oppress their business.

Yeah, but the sales on non gun stuff is on big part on guys who do go up the gun store.

Example;
I hate the beach, wife says let’s gobto Hampton. I say I’d rather staple lettuce to my nuts. She says we can stop at KTP on the way home. I say fine. We go, she leaves me to drool on guns, and buys a bunch of crap we don’t need.

It’s like the true opposite of Dicks.

+1!

KTP is also pretty much the “anchor store” of that whole strip. If they were to pull out. Rte 1 is pretty much left with ubiquitous mall stores and higher sales tax than going 5 minutes further to the mall in NH.

As over priced as KTP is, at least they have a different product mix. And represents that well done, well managed department store that pretty much does not exist any more.

I suspect that I am not the only one that tolerates the trip to Kittery and deal with “mall stores” as long as I at least get to hit KTP on the way up or back. If they were not there anymore, I’d tell the gf, no way, just go to Wrentham or order it on line.

Wish we were still up there. I used to drive the 125 miles each way from western NH to find various "unusual" firearms. Even though prices were sometimes higher, that had different stuff, or gave me very good deals on trade ins.

I'd send a letter back with three words: GET FVCKING BENT!!

I'll bet dollars to donuts that none of the three that sent that letter are Maine natives and are elitist transplants from New York or New Jersey.

If Kittery Trading Post caves to this extortion they are just as bad as the three who initiated it.

Appropriate response to Nazi lawmakers

IMG_0023.JPG

The Conspiracy Against Rights statute, 18 USC 241, makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).
They committed multiple federal crimes. Doesn't matter if the sent by email or snail mail. Both tack on additional federal crimes.

People who have never bought anything at KTP, and never would, will pledge to boycott the store. Big Whoop.

i worked in kittery for a while. everyone who was "woke" never set foot in the store. if KTP stopped selling ALL guns they still wouldn't start shopping there. They simply think they are better than the current clientele. Though when one of them needed a gun for protection from right wingers after the election, KTP to the rescue.

Sure we all know where the gun department is, but I bet a lot of people shop the rest of the store and never know there are guns there to frighten them.

It's time for mariners to tar and feather.

Maybe a little plank walking, too? [wink]

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that KTP was selling full autos to children without a background check. The more you know...

I went by there on a Thursday at 1pm. The place was absolutely mobbed. Doubt this would affect them in any way.

And it could very easily move its entire operation just over the border into New Hampshire. That would be the ultimate kick in the nutsack to Maine and the douchebags that seek to oppress their business.
Sure, like the same thing wouldn't happen if they were in Portsmouth.
Countdown to the same thing happening to Riley's, Shooters Outpost, etc....
Hold the line wherever you are.

Might as well contact them and let them know we support them and don't want to see them caving. Contact Us | Kittery Trading Post

As much as the place is overpriced and has gotten more tourist trappy over the years I've still gone there all my life, dumped lots of cash there over the years, and will continue to take my family there if they stand by their loyal, real, customer base.

Democrats are completely obsessed with "Assault Rifles" as a political issue, for the sole reason that it is so obviously separates them from the polar opposite (which isn't necessarily even a Republican).

Just like Maura Healey's July 20, this political "gang initiation" come down from on-high in the Progressive faction of the Democrat party as a "prove your loyalty" sore of action.

The Democrats are f***ing insane.

That was my first thought.

Anybody know who these three douchebags are?

Their identity was cleverly obscured in the second paragraph in the article:

The letter was written by Deane Rykerson, Lydia Blume, and Patty Hymanson — who represent York and Kittery.

Democrats are completely obsessed with "Assault Rifles" as a political issue, for the sole reason that it is so obviously separates them from the polar opposite (which isn't necessarily even a Republican).

Just like Maura Healey's July 20, this political "gang initiation" come down from on-high in the Progressive faction of the Democrat party as a "prove your loyalty" sore of action.

The Democrats are f***ing insane.
I know this is weird BUT the weapon vs. assault weapon argument reminds me of the Cool Whip vs. La Creme battles of the early ‘80’s.

Every time I hear “assault style weapon” I hear “ That cool whipped topping.”

There. I said it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KKpeRhRU1g

Kittery Trading Post should write a letter to the local paper, saying how these 3 want them to leave Kittery, and that they should be ashamed of themselves and voted right out of office!

Here is the reply I got from one of them. From what he says it is obvious he has no idea what a semi-auto is or about the brief federal laws pertaining to the so called assault rifle. I did reply and pointed out his ignorance and have not gotten another reply.

"I am sorry I have not made my position clear. I am totally in fair of expanding deer permits. I can even see semi-automatics at ranges (as long as they stay there). Semi-automatics were not legal from 1994 to 2004, so it is not a constitutional issue. I am politely asking the Trading Post to make guns that could easily be used for mass shootings less available. I know people are lawsuit happy but I know there is no basis for a lawsuit for asking."

Rep. Deane Rykerson, Maine House District 1
1 Salt Marsh Ln
Kittery Point 03905
207 439 8755
www.rykersonforkittery.org

Here is the reply I got from one of them. From what he says it is obvious he has no idea what a semi-auto is or about the brief federal laws pertaining to the so called assault rifle. I did reply and pointed out his ignorance and have not gotten another reply.

"I am sorry I have not made my position clear. I am totally in fair of expanding deer permits. I can even see semi-automatics at ranges (as long as they stay there). Semi-automatics were not legal from 1994 to 2004, so it is not a constitutional issue. I am politely asking the Trading Post to make guns that could easily be used for mass shootings less available. I know people are lawsuit happy but I know there is no basis for a lawsuit for asking."

Rep. Deane Rykerson, Maine House District 1
1 Salt Marsh Ln
Kittery Point 03905
207 439 8755
www.rykersonforkittery.org

Ladies and gentlemen from Maine: your representative for Maine House District 1. Aren't you all so proud?

Last edited:
Might as well contact them and let them know we support them and don't want to see them caving. Contact Us | Kittery Trading Post

As much as the place is overpriced and has gotten more tourist trappy over the years I've still gone there all my life, dumped lots of cash there over the years, and will continue to take my family there if they stand by their loyal, real, customer base.

Here is what I just sent (to their president):
"Please do not cave in to misinformed, perjuring, lying politicians. The very people who MIGHT even support this notion are not the typical people who would even visit your store anyhow. Sportsmen and sportswomen across the Northeast are watching. It is up to you which way you choose to go. It was even noted that even if you chose to roll up shop and move to NH, that the problem would likely follow you there.

Best of luck,
your name here

re: Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)"

Rent a fleet of Sky Cranes and move the whole store to a blank spot at Pease.

S-64advertising.jpg

Bob's Clam Hut can expand to use the vacated space for overflow parking.
Those clams suck. Bought a greasy mess. Ended up throwing out half a box. Never again

Back
Top Bottom