LAW ENFORCEMENT SHOOTING COMPETITION

A law enforcement shooting competition will be held on June 29, 2010 at the Ames Rifle and Pistol Club. This competition is open to all active duty police officers and will consist of 4 different shooting events. This competition is being sponsored by Synergy Solutions, a law enforcement consulting company, and First Choice Body Armor. There will also be many other shooting industry sponsors and vendors. Prizes will include several firearms.

A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Ames Rifle and Pistol Club Scholarship Fund.

To register online go to www.synergy911.us and follow the shooting competition link.

A limited number of slots are still available.

Don't know about everybody else, but my agency doesn't allow us to bring home our duty weapons (nor would I want to) so I'm running a rig that I have equipment for.

We can take our issued weapons home. I just hope there arent too many people shooting comp rigs and weapons, kind of defeats the purpose. I dont know too many, if any dept's that carry G35's for duty. No offense :)

+1 WPD. My agency doesnt allow us to carry home our issued weapons either, so I got a one time pass to do it from our director. I dont particularly like my duty weapon either, its a SIG 220 with a 10lb pull, but Im sucking it up. What agency do you work for Sheriff?

I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons out of Devens. Our primary duty weapon is the Ruger P95DAO, the oddball of the US Government, but our SORT Team runs the Glock. Our captain wouldn't approve us to take any weapons out of the armory for the competition.

Damn, so much for duty weapons. Sig 220 here.....

I have to provide my own weapons, sold a couple of guns to pay for upgrading to the 1911 9mm Pro from a Beretta Cougar just last month. I qualified with it 4 days after I picked it up and haven't had a whole lot of time to shoot it, hopefully I can keep up with you guys that have been carrying/shooting the same weapons for a while.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone involved in running todays competition. It was a good time and I met a lot of good guys. Thanks to all the guys on squad 2, we had a lot of laughs.

I had a great time, too, enjoyed our stay and got to put faces to some names as well. If they run another event next year you can bet I'll drive down for it. The only thing that sucks is that we've got a 6+ hour ride home today, ugh!

Thanks to everyone involved in running todays competition. It was a good time and I met a lot of good guys. Thanks to all the guys on squad 2, we had a lot of laughs.

Hey Swatmedic, I was in group 2 also, Yankee Hill right? I was the {Postal Agent). Very glad to meet you and yes team 2 was a great group of guys. That was my first meet and hope to go to a few more. Hope to see you there.

John

Back
Top Bottom