Latest Update 6/30/17 Anti BS Going Down At Statehouse In RI.

A couple of the Reps told me it was obvious who was there because of this and it played a role in their decision to hold those bills for further study.

That's great to hear. I started the yellow button campaign back at the Ciciline Bill hearings in 2001. It was one of the biggest gun control pushes the state had seen at that time.

If you fill the room it definitely makes a statement! I'm so glad someone continued the tradition!

Last edited:
URGENT!!!

This is what the ANTI GUN groups are doing this week.
They will do their best to defeat us and usher a new age of gun control to the state. Are you going to let them??
If you aren’t blowing up the Speakers and the Senate Presidents phone lines, you’re surrendering to to this all out assault on our rights.
There are over 700 of us at this club. If you include family and friends, our numbers are in the thousands. There is absolutely no reason why we can’t dominate the conversation.
When the phone rings at the State House, IT MUST BE ONE OF US CALLING.
Nicholas Mattiello 401-222-2466 Speaker of the house
Dominick Ruggerio 401-222-6655 Senate President
If you need a reminder of the bill numbers, both pro and con, they are listed on the RIFOL website; www.rifiol.org
When I call, I am going to simply focus on the 3 that the RICAGV are pushing.
When they say support, we say Oppose…. It’s that simple.
Come on People!! Lets Get 1000 callers and this week and let there be no question as to the opposition to these bills.
Don’t forget to call and email your Senator and Rep daily as well.
It’s the only chance that we have to kill these Bills.

This is from the RICAGV: "From 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday stop by the State House to lobby for the Protect Rhode Island Families Act, No Guns In Schools, and a Ten Round Limit. Lets flood the floor of the House and Senate with orange (we will have t-shirts)." They are pushing hard on what could be the last three days of the session so it's crucial that you keep contacting your legislators via email and phone!

This is an excerpt from another clubs eblast.

Hearings are held at the State House.

We need as many people to attend the hearing this Wednesday as possible. The doors open for attendees at 12 noon, but the prime hours are from 3pm until they finally finish. (This could be as late as midnight… or later!!!) We need to get as many people to attend and hang out at these hearings as we can. You do not have to attend the whole day! There will be a sign up sheet that you can sign, However, the more bodies we have in the rooms and the halls the better!!! The RI 2nd Amendment Coalition will be providing yellow buttons for people to wear to make sure the legislators know which side of the issue we are on!!!!
This is the first of three bad bills which are still alive until the end of the legislative session this week. If this domestic violence bill passes, the other two bills chances will only grow to pass as well. The first is a magazine capacity ban, which would make all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds illegal in the state! The third bill would remove the exemption for carry permit holders from carrying on school grounds. All three of these bills do nothing to address gun crime, but only make it more onerous for the legal gun owner to exercise their constitutional right!!!

From the President

Due to the importance of a great showing at the State legislative hearings tomorrow night, the BOD has agreed to grant anyone who attends and fills out the form, whether you testify or not,
5 work hours.
You must show proof, either sign in with a designated rep or snap a photo of your sheet and send it to me.
This is a battle to insure our 2A rights are not infringed upon.

Tim Burdick,
President

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL !!
CALL SPEAKER MATTIELLO INSTEAD !!!!

In regards to the hearings today,
Everybody NEEDS to call Speaker Mattiello’s office ASAP.
The number is (401)222-2466
Hid staff is registering calls with your position.
This literally takes less time than it did to read this email.
Call and Oppose H5510.

Directly from the RI statehouse site: 6/20/17 Domestic violence bill up for committee vote
STATE HOUSE – The House Judiciary Committee has scheduled a vote tomorrow on legislation (2017-H 5510) sponsored by Rep. Teresa Tanzi (D-Dist. 34, South Kingstown, Narragansett) to require those convicted of a crime of domestic violence and anyone subject to a domestic abuse protective order to surrender any firearms they have and prohibit them from acquiring more.

The committee is scheduled to meet tomorrow, Wednesday, June 21, at the rise of the House session (around 4:45 p.m.) in the House lounge on the second floor of the State House.

For more information, contact:
Larry Berman, Communications Director for the Office of the Speaker
State House Room 331A
Providence, RI 02903
(401) 222-2466

Interesting choice to use the male pronouns when it's against AP style.

"The legislation would require anyone convicted of a crime of domestic violence, including misdemeanors, and anyone subject to a domestic abuse protective order to surrender any firearms he has and prohibit him from acquiring more."

"I support the Second Amendment," Mattiello said Tuesday. "That's the framework I come from. So these are not intended to be anti-gun bills. These are domestic violence protection bills."

First, No you don't a-hole.

Second, people on both sides know it's being done so anyone can take out a bullshit restraining order and the guns will be yanked before anyone can even figure out if it's legit or not.

Then, good luck trying to get them back even if it does turn out to be total horseshit.

I still remember the hack lawyer my sister hired for her divorce that pushed like hell to make a claim of domestic violence and take out a restraining order even though it wasn't true.
Thankfully she fired that clam.

Legislative Notice.
House Bill 5510 sub A has passed the House.
I will remind you that this is the bill that enables the confiscation of your firearms and a ban on ownership for simply being accused of misdemeanor domestic violence.
Have you been calling and emailing your Reps?
Are you willing to surrender your rights to the Bloomberg funded RI Progressives?
Apathy pushed this bill through the house.
Are you going to allow it to pass the Senate?
The Senate Bill is: S 0405.
Senate President Dominick Ruggerio can be reached at 401-222-6655
His Email is: [email protected]

Contact info for the rest of the Senate can be found here:
webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Email/SenEmailListDistrict.asp

If you’re even the least bit serious about defending your Constitutional Rights, I would suggest that you Call AND Email OFTEN.
This is our last chance.
There is No excuse for Complacency.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Unfortunately I don't think as many people call as we need. Also most of the reps here like the proposed bill and can't seem to understand how some vindictive ex can just say they are scared and "poof", your rights are gone.
I am on vacation but I have been emailing these asshats for the last two.weeks. Any new news? I knew 5510 got through the house, did they get the school ban and the 10 round limit out for votes?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW !!!
THE LIST OF NUMBERS IS BELOW.

Both S 405 and H5510 Sub A will be heard for consideration Friday, June 30th at 3:00 in room 313. We need people to be there starting at noon. Please keep calling and emailing your Senator and the Judiciary Committee!

This is our final chance to stop this bill!

http://status.rilin.state.ri.us/documents/agenda-13044.pdf

Senator Stephen R. Archambault (401) 276-5594
Vice Chairperson
[email protected]
Senator Cynthia A. Coyne (401) 222-6655
[email protected]
Senator Mark W. Gee (401) 222-2708
[email protected]
Senator Paul V. Jabour (401) 751-3300
[email protected]
Senator Frank S. Lombardi (401) 453-3900
[email protected]