• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Latest Update 6/30/17 Anti BS Going Down At Statehouse In RI.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
LEGISLATIVE ALERT!!! S0405 and H5510A has been scheduled in the Senate judiciary at 3pm... Room 313
If you can, be at the State House at 3pm so you can be seen.
Wear your Yellow and your Pins.
CALL YOUR SENATORS!
EMAIL YOUR SENATORS!
THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE!!

CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW !!!
THE LIST OF NUMBERS IS BELOW.

Both S 405 and H5510 Sub A will be heard for consideration Friday, June 30th at 3:00 in room 313. We need people to be there starting at noon. Please keep calling and emailing your Senator and the Judiciary Committee!

This is our final chance to stop this bill!

http://status.rilin.state.ri.us/documents/agenda-13044.pdf

Senator Stephen R. Archambault (401) 276-5594
Vice Chairperson
[email protected]
Senator Cynthia A. Coyne (401) 222-6655
[email protected]
Senator Mark W. Gee (401) 222-2708
[email protected]
Senator Paul V. Jabour (401) 751-3300
[email protected]
Senator Frank S. Lombardi (401) 453-3900
[email protected]
Senator Erin Lynch Prata (401) 739-8500
Chairperson
[email protected]
Senator Harold M. Metts (401) 272-0112
Secretary
[email protected]
Senator Donna M. Nesselbush (401) 276-5568
[email protected]
Senator Leonidas P. Raptakis (401) 397-2720
[email protected]

SEND NUMEROUS EMAILS TO THESE SENATORS IN OPPOSITION TO SENATE BILL S0405.

This bill is simply a gun grab disguised as a domestic violence measure.
What's worse is that it's financed by Bloomberg of NY.
It is conviction without due process....

SEND YOUR EMAIL NOW !!!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (Senate President)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Legislative Notice.
House Bill 5510 sub A has passed the House.
I will remind you that this is the bill that enables the confiscation of your firearms and a ban on ownership for simply being accused of misdemeanor domestic violence.
Have you been calling and emailing your Reps?
Are you willing to surrender your rights to the Bloomberg funded RI Progressives?
Apathy pushed this bill through the house.
Are you going to allow it to pass the Senate?
The Senate Bill is: S 0405.
Senate President Dominick Ruggerio can be reached at 401-222-6655
His Email is: [email protected]

Contact info for the rest of the Senate can be found here:
webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Email/SenEmailListDistrict.asp

If you’re even the least bit serious about defending your Constitutional Rights, I would suggest that you Call AND Email OFTEN.
This is our last chance.
There is No excuse for Complacency.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL !!
CALL SPEAKER MATTIELLO INSTEAD !!!!

In regards to the hearings today,
Everybody NEEDS to call Speaker Mattiello’s office ASAP.
The number is (401)222-2466
Hid staff is registering calls with your position.
This literally takes less time than it did to read this email.
Call and Oppose H5510.

Updated today:EMAIL OR CALL YOUR REP NOW !!!!

LEGISLATIVE ALERT!!!!

House Bill H5510, which is the FIREARMS CONFISCATION BILL disguised as a domestic violence bill, will be coming up for consideration before the House Judiciary this Wednesday. There will be no public input on this bill, but we can all be certain that Bloomberg has his hands all over it.
I have been asking you all to blow up the phone lines and flood the email of your Representative and the Speaker. This is your last chance before it goes to full floor vote. We have approximately 24 hours to either stop this bill or to lay down and take it.
What are you going to do?
Are you
“too busy” to stand up for your rights?
CALL, E-MAIL, REPEAT.

I was at the State House tonight. I stood alone against the Red Shirts.
Together, We have a voice.
Remember,
You can find your Reps contact info here;

Webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/RepEmailListDistrict.asp

To those who understand, have a sense of urgency, and are in this fight,

Thank You.

To those who don’t, perhaps you can get a Red Shirt in your size….. Sitting it out is no different than working for the Bloomberg groups.
If you’re not standing with us, you’re helping them.

URGENT!!!

This is what the ANTI GUN groups are doing this week.
They will do their best to defeat us and usher a new age of gun control to the state. Are you going to let them??
If you aren’t blowing up the Speakers and the Senate Presidents phone lines, you’re surrendering to to this all out assault on our rights.
There are over 700 of us at this club. If you include family and friends, our numbers are in the thousands. There is absolutely no reason why we can’t dominate the conversation.
When the phone rings at the State House, IT MUST BE ONE OF US CALLING.
Nicholas Mattiello 401-222-2466 Speaker of the house
Dominick Ruggerio 401-222-6655 Senate President
If you need a reminder of the bill numbers, both pro and con, they are listed on the RIFOL website; www.rifiol.org
When I call, I am going to simply focus on the 3 that the RICAGV are pushing.
When they say support, we say Oppose…. It’s that simple.
Come on People!! Lets Get 1000 callers and this week and let there be no question as to the opposition to these bills.
Don’t forget to call and email your Senator and Rep daily as well.
It’s the only chance that we have to kill these Bills.

This is from the RICAGV: "From 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday stop by the State House to lobby for the Protect Rhode Island Families Act, No Guns In Schools, and a Ten Round Limit. Lets flood the floor of the House and Senate with orange (we will have t-shirts)." They are pushing hard on what could be the last three days of the session so it's crucial that you keep contacting your legislators via email and phone!

See Post # 18

See Post # 14

I just read this in my emal sent from a WLR&G member:

URGENT !!!

The anti-gun lobby is here in force.
If you can possibly get to State House ASAP.
We need all the representation we can get....

This one is looking bad for us right now....

Last edited:
What are they lobbying for? Is there a vote tomorrow on something? Or is this just a nonsense rally of some sort?

I don't know what it is for. I didn't even know about this going on at the Statehouse until a few minutes ago. Being the anti-gun lobby they most likely are lobbying to get the anti-gun bills passed that have been introduced in RI.

What are they lobbying for? Is there a vote tomorrow on something? Or is this just a nonsense rally of some sort?

From RI gun blog "GUN BILL HEARING TOMORROW NIGHT! Serious changes will be made if h5510 were to become law. This bill changes the current law regarding who is prohibited from owning and purchasing firearms. It also changes current legislation on domestic violence that normally gives the judge discretion to advise firearms be removed during a hearing. This bill would remove the judges discretion and makes it mandatory that firearms be removed as soon as you go to a hearing. It then goes on to add misdemeanor "cyber harassment" and "cyber stalking" as terms for stripping you of your right to own a firearm. This hearing is scheduled for tomorrow night at 430 in room 101. If you cant make it please email members of the house judicary committee."

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Rome can't be rebuilt until it is burned...

Interesting article.

54 people killed while having a restraining order 2006-2015

More were killed by firearms than any other means. . . . OK???? How many from firearms, then? How about a #?

THEN, how many were killed by LEGAL firearms?? THere's the next hurdle.

I'm all for domestic violence dirtbags getting their due and protecting the weak. But IS this an issue at all???? It's 5 a year and 2 could be firearms and all their talking-points are statistically accurate.

Interesting article.

54 people killed while having a restraining order 2006-2015

More were killed by firearms than any other means. . . . OK???? How many from firearms, then? How about a #?

THEN, how many were killed by LEGAL firearms?? THere's the next hurdle.

I'm all for domestic violence dirtbags getting their due and protecting the weak. But IS this an issue at all???? It's 5 a year and 2 could be firearms and all their talking-points are statistically accurate.
Maybe these victims should have armed themselves instead of depending on a piece of paper? How many victims of domestic violence in RI were killed with knives?

I received this email today. Everyone that can make it please be there. Thank you!

Gun legislation hearings on June 6th
From WLRG [email protected]e details
To webmaster [email protected]
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
JUST BE AT THE STATE HOUSE AT THE DATE AND TIME BELOW !!

Multiple Anti-Gun Bills Will be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee, Tuesday, June 6th, at the rise of the Senate (around 4pm), in room 313.
The bills are :

Senate Bill 187, which will prohibit concealed carriers from school grounds, and inform the world that students are unprotected.

Senate Bill 223, which will get you 10 years in prison for every magazine over 10 rounds that you possess.

Senate Bill 374, which will allow for permit reciprocity between states.

Senate Bill 376, causes you to lose your second amendment rights with a misdemeanor conviction. Currently a felony conviction is required.

Senate Bill 379, which would require the AG to produce a report showing the number of crimes committed with a firearm, and how they were adjudicated.

Senate Bill 399, which relates to the use of suppressors.

Senate Bill 403, which is anti straw purchase legislation, and is already the law… Duplicate legislation is a dangerous thing, because a law can be amended much easier that a new law can be enacted.

Senate Bill 404, which makes it illegal to transport a firearm except for under very limited circumstances.

Senate Bill 405, which will allow the police to confiscate your firearms once accused of an act of domestic violence…before you ever appear in front of a judge.

Senate Bill 412, which makes it a crime to change certain markings on a firearm.

Senate Bill 587, which requires a national BCI for all permit holders (more duplicate legislation)

Senate Bill 594, Amends the statute for possession of a firearm by a minor.

Senate Bill 664, makes multiple changes to the permitting process and makes much needed changes to the statute.

Senate Bill 837, requires the immediate reporting of any injuries sustained while hunting or trapping.

Senate Bill 840, Removes the cities and towns authority to issue permits.

As You can see, there are some good bills, and some very very bad bills.
A couple of weeks ago, the Bloomberg groups ramped up their propaganda campaign.
They’ve had a press conference, and repeatedly claimed to speak for “87%” of Rhode Islanders. On their Facebook pages, they laugh and mock our poor turnout at the last hearing. They’re playing the “hearts and minds” game. I CAN NOT stress enough how important it is that we have an overwhelming turnout at this hearing. A poor, or weak turnout will amount to a collective surrendering of our rights. If you can’t be there at 4, come when you can. Sign in, oppose the bad, and support the good. Let them know that our rights are not negotiable, or for sale, no matter how much they cry, and no matter how much out of state billionaires pay into the progressive campaign coffers. Don’t leave it up to someone else. Come, do the right thing, bring friends, and be recognized. I will be there from start to finish….
Surely you can spare an hour or two.

Be there or prepare to lose something important.

We have received the notice that on Tuesday June 6th the Senate Judiciary will hear testimony on firearms at the State House. ALL HANDS ON DECK !!!!

The testimony will be heard in Room 313 at the rise of the Senate approximately 4:30pm.

We need everyone there to show support for the bills we have submitted which are very positive for the firearm community. If you do not want to testify you can simply sign up in support of our bills and in opposition to the bad anti-gun bills.
All bills to be heard are listed on our web site. They are color coded to help everyone out. You can We will have Yellow (Gun Control Does Not Work) Buttons available at the State house for everyone. Get down there Tuesday and bring some friends !!!!
Get involved in the fight, come to the Statehouse this Tuesday and testify! Click on the PDF below and you can read the full text of the bills.

Pro gun Bills ! S0374 S0379 S0399 S0664

Anti Gun Bills ! S0187 S0223 S0376 S0403 S0404 S0405 S0412 S0587 S0594 S0837 S0840

Multiple Anti-Gun Bills Will be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee, Tuesday, June 6th, at the rise of the Senate (around 4pm), in room 313.
The bills are :

Senate Bill 187, which will prohibit concealed carriers from school grounds, and inform the world that students are unprotected.

Senate Bill 223, which will get you 10 years in prison for every magazine over 10 rounds that you possess.

Senate Bill 374, which will allow for permit reciprocity between states.

Senate Bill 376, causes you to lose your second amendment rights with a misdemeanor conviction. Currently a felony conviction is required.

Senate Bill 379, which would require the AG to produce a report showing the number of crimes committed with a firearm, and how they were adjudicated.

Senate Bill 399, which relates to the use of suppressors.

Senate Bill 403, which is anti straw purchase legislation, and is already the law… Duplicate legislation is a dangerous thing, because a law can be amended much easier that a new law can be enacted.

Senate Bill 404, which makes it illegal to transport a firearm except for under very limited circumstances.

Senate Bill 405, which will allow the police to confiscate your firearms once accused of an act of domestic violence…before you ever appear in front of a judge.

Senate Bill 412, which makes it a crime to change certain markings on a firearm.

Senate Bill 587, which requires a national BCI for all permit holders (more duplicate legislation)

Senate Bill 594, Amends the statute for possession of a firearm by a minor.

Senate Bill 664, makes multiple changes to the permitting process and makes much needed changes to the statute.

Senate Bill 837, requires the immediate reporting of any injuries sustained while hunting or trapping.

Senate Bill 840, Removes the cities and towns authority to issue permits.

As You can see, there are some good bills, and some very very bad bills.
A couple of weeks ago, the Bloomberg groups ramped up their propaganda campaign.
They’ve had a press conference, and repeatedly claimed to speak for “87%” of Rhode Islanders. On their Facebook pages, they laugh and mock our poor turnout at the last hearing. They’re playing the “hearts and minds” game. I CAN NOT stress enough how important it is that we have an overwhelming turnout at this hearing. A poor, or weak turnout will amount to a collective surrendering of our rights. If you can’t be there at 4, come when you can. Sign in, oppose the bad, and support the good. Let them know that our rights are not negotiable, or for sale, no matter how much they cry, and no matter how much out of state billionaires pay into the progressive campaign coffers. Don’t leave it up to someone else. Come, do the right thing, bring friends, and be recognized. I will be there from start to finish….
Surely you can spare an hour or two.

Be there or prepare to lose something important.

Im praying for you guys in RI. This should be happening as we speak. Good luck, hope there was a big turnout

Anyone know how things went last night? Before you flame me, I'm not an Rhode Islander!!

Bueller??????

All held for further study, It went to about 12:30 I think. I cant remember what time I left there at. The format the chair used absolutely sucked, it was probably the worst ever (which even the the anti gun crowd agreed upon as well) as they went one bill at a time which meant many trips to and from the table to testify instead of doing it with one person at a time covering all the bills.

They really need to stop all this madness. They keep trying to pump out these bills that are badly written until something sticks. Then when we try to repeal them they will scream "you lost get over it" I'm so sick of this shit it's not funny.

They really need to stop all this madness. They keep trying to pump out these bills that are badly written until something sticks. Then when we try to repeal them they will scream "you lost get over it" I'm so sick of this shit it's not funny.
Because sooner or later something does stick because somebody wasn't paying attention and then the next stupid idea has an easier time sticking.

We should be funding a group that creates endless feel good laws that will eventually collapse the system.

I fought gun control in RI for over 15 years. These bills come up every year, some years in large numbers. The antis are counting on the new faces in the general assembly, change of mind of some pols and the pro gun people getting tired and giving up. If any one of those happens, crap WILL pass. Gun owners might fight every bill to the end or they WILL lose.

The absolute best thing is to have large numbers with yellow buttons (anti gun control message) at the hearings. At my last hearing a few years ago, the newspaper literally described the hearing room as a "sea of yellow buttons." Even if people don't testify, seeing the rooms packed with buttons says it all. At my last hearing I stood near the reps table and looked back towards the crowd. 90% of the people in the room had yellow buttons. I was an IMPRESSIVE sight.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

Last edited:
I assume "held for further study" means they won't move forward this session.

As bad as the RI situation sounds, at least the committees allow testimony and listen on some level. Contrast this with California, where gun control bills are passing into law at the rate of 4-6 per session with almost no debate at all and it just highlights how important it is for citizens to show up and be counted. Great job to all of you who keep showing up time after time. Keep it up!

I fought gun control in RI for over 15 years. These bills come up every year, some years in large numbers. The antis are counting on the new faces in the general assembly, change of mind of some pols and the pro gun people getting tired and giving up. If any one of those happens, crap WILL pass. Gun owners might fight every bill to the end or they WILL lose.

The absolute best thing is to have large numbers with yellow buttons (anti gun control message) at the hearings. At my last hearing a few years ago, the newspaper literally described the hearing room as a "sea of yellow buttons." Even if people don't testify, seeing the rooms packed with buttons says it all. At my last hearing I stood near the reps table and looked back towards the crowd. 90% of the people in the room had yellow buttons. I was an IMPRESSIVE sight.

Stay strong and keep fighting.

A couple of the Reps told me it was obvious who was there because of this and it played a role in their decision to hold those bills for further study.

Back
Top Bottom