Latest List of CEO's and their companies that want to restrict your 2A rights

EC1

NES Member
Last edited:
What would be useful (and I don't have time to do it): amend the list with "product/service offered" and "Instead think about THESE companies..." (that offer same/similar).

I don't understand why enter a fight that's not yours or your business's. One of the first rules taught to me was NEVER mix business with religion or politics, unless you're in the business of religion or politics.

The 2A community (nationwide) should maintain a very public and accessible list of every business that’s active and/or outspoken against 2A rights. Just a site with names, reasons and a decent search feature. It should offer alternatives.

This would probably take a week to get up and running at most, could be crowd-curated, and would generate enough ad revenue to be self-sustaining if not profitable.

As things stand it costs these f***s almost nothing to take pot shots at 2A. It should be costing them dearly.

The 2A community (nationwide) should maintain a very public and accessible list of every business that’s active and/or outspoken against 2A rights. Just a site with names, reasons and a decent search feature. It should offer alternatives.

This would probably take a week to get up and running at most, could be crowd-curated, and would generate enough ad revenue to be self-sustaining if not profitable.

As things stand it costs these f***s almost nothing to take pot shots at 2A. It should be costing them dearly.

I would be down to part take in such a project.

Thinking about a name for this list....would you call these companies "gun bigots" or "anti gun bigots"?

At a quick glance I noticed a lot of "founder of xyz corp" listings. The founder may or may not still be in a leadership role of said company. I don't see that list as very useful for our purposes.

At a quick glance I noticed a lot of "founder of xyz corp" listings. The founder may or may not still be in a leadership role of said company. I don't see that list as very useful for our purposes.
But there were also a lot that still appeared in leadership roles. And I would be surprised if an anti 2A company leadership change resulted in a 180 degree change of attitude.

For me at least these lists may sway me one way or another in a close decision but if I really like a product I am going to still buy it anti gun or not. Boycotting a company whose products I like better than their competitors because of their 2A stance, hurts me a lot more than them.

Full disclosure, as I type this I am wearing a pair of Levi’s. I hate their 2A stance but love their jeans.

I've pondered what it might take to do such a "list". Phone app would probably work better, although having a version of it that's just hosted on a web site should also be a part of any such project.

A week is probably too simplistic, unless exactly one person wants to be in charge of managing the whole thing and keeping track of what goes in the list. If they only kept to the major companies, maybe that would be manageable. But, we'll probably have thousands that need to be in it. So, it would take a bigger effort.

It's more complex than just a yes/no for a company. The app would need more info, including links to articles, etc. A company may be in the list, but perhaps what they did isn't too serious and I may want to still consider them. If all they did for example was politely decide they just don't want to sell guns, some may have issue with that, while others not. I don't care if a company doesn't want to sell guns. But, if they get all high and mighty about it and make a big show, look at us we're soooooo moral and better than you, we're saving the world by not selling these guns anymore... then that's different.

If entries into the list are user-submitted, then we run the risk of lefties spamming the list. So, some kind of moderation would be needed. Thus, how do we determine who can be a moderator and trust them to make the right decisions.

Don’t forget that the Crowley family at Wachusett also own Polar Beverage.
I did not know that. But I switched from the Polar seltzer to Big Y house brand because it seems identical for less $$$. So here is an example of company I will now avoid because there are other brands I like just as much.

Thanks for the heads up.......

If entries into the list are user-submitted, then we run the risk of lefties spamming the list. So, some kind of moderation would be needed. Thus, how do we determine who can be a moderator and trust them to make the right decisions.

There is also the possible unintended result that anti-wankers use such a list to *support* those companies. It might just be best to quietly have such a list posted on sites like this. I know there are antis who frequent these sites, but they're probably too lazy to dig very deep.

tough to boycott these as I use very little of this crap and my mom bought my last pair of Levi’s in 1979

It’s like what, 143 out of 5+ million is employers, some of whom I’m already boycotting like Dicks and some of whom I’d never do business with like that alternative to meat one.

Everyone has gone so batshit crazy lately, this one just doesn’t even register.

Back
Top Bottom