• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Last day of shooting with the boy for a long while

Obie1

NES Member
I'm sure many will agree that there are few things more enjoyable than busting some caps with your kids. Early Monday am my son heads back to San Diego for his final semester of of grad school (though his thesis will run into the summer), so I won't see him for a long time. Today we burned through around, well a lot, of rounds in a lot of calibers (no numbers for the NSA) at my dad's farm. It was cold and snowy and we didn't care.
When you can, shoot with your kids. They're gone before you know it.
BTW, Cerberus's spinners worked great (when we could hit them).

shooting 114 008.jpg

shooting 114 005.jpg

This is why I go to the range every weekend with my dad, even though I don't live that far away from him.

Good job Dad. I'm sure after today's weather he can't wait to get back to SD.

Great job! derek's right, surf and sun is probably looking great right about now, lol. Can't wait to get my daughter working with a pellet gun in the spring. Hopefully she'll still be shooting with me when she's in college[smile]

Glad you both had fun. Same goes for the children. Don't miss the opportunity to shoot with your Dad. Before you know it he's gone. I really miss shooting with my mine. I would still be shooting with him now if he were here.

Sent from an iPhone Star-Trek Communicator

Nice.

I got my daughter to the range when she was home over Christmas break. She sent me a text last week saying "It is 45 degrees in Miami - global warming my ass"

I am hoping that I will have grandkids to shoot with before long.

[cerberus];3688990 said:
looks like a good time was had.

Glad the targets worked out well.

As you might be able to see in the second photo, my son built a little stand out of an old pallet so we didn't have to try to stick it into frozen ground--worked great. The orange stickies didn't last long, of course--I may a try a little orange spray paint.

Looks like a great time. My situations kind of the opposite since I'm the only one in the family who shoots, so I was the one who took my dad and my older brothers shooting for the first time. Regardless it was a great time had by all

My son comes back home on 07Feb for pre deployment leave and I plan on ripping off about 1000 rounds with him before he heads back. Absolute blast ( pun intended) taking your kids shooting.

I miss those outings with my son as well. He loves shooting, as do I.

He headed back to Ohio State a few weeks ago. Hasn't been the same since... well except I'm sleeping better without him banging around the house all night!

good job, Dad. I feel your pain.

Nothing like going to the range with my kids. I think I enjoy it more than they do and they certainly have a blast.

I miss those outings with my son as well. He loves shooting, as do I.

He headed back to Ohio State a few weeks ago. Hasn't been the same since... well except I'm sleeping better without him banging around the house all night!

good job, Dad. I feel your pain.

Do they still have the indoor range in the basement of the ROTC building? Tell him to take the riflery PE classes. Great way to get an easy A to help the GPA. When I was there...ammo was free too.

Well, FlightAware says his plane is over Minnesota en route to Denver, then San Diego. Back to the interstate, back to the interstate. We had a great last day watching the Bruins, two football games, and the final round of the PGA tournament while eating lobster and king crab gumbo. At midnight we watched Red Dawn--he had never seen it. Adios, amigo--Wolverines!

As you might be able to see in the second photo, my son built a little stand out of an old pallet so we didn't have to try to stick it into frozen ground--worked great. The orange stickies didn't last long, of course--I may a try a little orange spray paint.

Looks good, paint is the way to go with steel for sure. stickies never last.

Back
Top Bottom