Last day for Riley’s

I wonder if one of them was the guy who I thought was "Australian". Couldn't stand that guy, since he was such a "know it all" who was extremely opinionated as to what I should be shooting.

I only know of Riley's through reputation. At one time, it was the place, then it wasn't, then it was the place to not bother with.

On other forums and FB, I've seen people shocked, because they thought it was the greatest place ever. Most of those reactions were based on shopping there 20+ years ago, it seems.

At least Jim does his best to keep them consistent in policy/enforcement.

At Riley's I'd get vastly different treatment depending who was behind the counter. Had one guy insist on writing my street address on the back of my NH DL because the front only had a PO box... That's when I started going to SO first.
With the ammo thats true, everything else not Im my visits. Jim is a nice guy, I think its his staff who talks out of their asses like many shops. They dress the tacicool part but many at least I have dealt with talk out of their ass with

They would not sell bolt gun or shotgun to anyone who didn't have a A license.

Before the Healy "ban" They had an AK I wanted. The only thing needed to make it mass compliant was to weld the brake. I asked if they had a gun smith and was told yes. I asked about getting the brake welded and was told no. When I asked why, I was told they perform gun smithing on new guns. They only sell them "as is". I inquired why you would have a gunsmith that only worked on old guns? They then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't weld the brake because I could cut it off and that would be illegal. Wellllll I would be breaking the law and be accountable if I but a barrel. They just kept pushing back with all these made up countless excesses.

oh well, I dont go out of my way to go there any more.

Riley's sucks. Maybe not always, but always in my life time and time shooting. Bunch of out of touch fudds plus a few odd ball employees. Even had some obese wanna be operator dbag tell me once that in order to get anything class 3, the atf sends 2 agents to your house for an interview. Good false info from a gun store "employee" they are getting what they deserve. Move WITH it, or get moved BY it.

Back
Top Bottom