• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Last Brief Filed In SCOTUS, NY Carry Case Is A Thing Of Beauty

oral arguments next Wednesday

1. Justice Dick is a tool. "It's worked pretty well. . . " Has it? HAS IT? Do you have some real facts to back that, Dick? Or is this a "As you are all aware. . . quite frankly. . . . I'm gonna make crap up and shove it down your throat."

2. Oral arguments?? Roberts vs. Hershiser?

how incredibly sad these cases are even argued in SCOTUS. The 2A is crystal clear - "Shall not be infringed".
How far have we come from no gun control to near annihilation of the 2A in these short years. :(
Few pro gun people interpret it that literally.

If we did a poll on NES asking if felons should be able to buy or own firearms its not going to be close to any consensus.

The problem with that term is its so directly stated that it goes ignored. Bah! They couldn't possibly mean we can't restrict x,y,z! Etc.

If we did a poll on NES asking if felons should be able to buy or own firearms its not going to be close to any consensus.

The problem with that term is its so directly stated that it goes ignored. Bah! They couldn't possibly mean we can't restrict x,y,z! Etc.
Surely you understand that those people over there aren't really people, so far as rights are concerned.

[Hand waves]

for what it's worth:

I don't get the linguist argument. Why would an ammendment allowing the government to arm the government be included in the bill of rights?

for what it's worth:

I chuckled at this one.

Founding Principles

The nonprofit organization Brady draws on John Locke’s Second Treatise to argue against the conservative originalist framework. The right to safety Brady writes, is a fundamental constitutional right and was a primary concern of the founders. This, the group argues, comes out of Locke’s theory of the social contract: that by joining political society, individuals give up the right to defend themselves however they like in exchange for protection from the state. “Treating the Second Amendment as blanket permission to carry guns in the public square — as Petitioners urge — would render the social contract illusory.” The group adds that modern guns are faster, more forceful, and more widely used than at the country’s founding. Therefore, the public is at greater risk and requires greater protection from the state than in the 18th century.

How does that square with Warren vs DC? Which Civil Right "guarantees safety," again?

I think most think felonies are violent offences. Wrong !

RIGHTS do not need a f***ing permit or a reason. That judge is a puke.
I hope the SCOTUS does the right thing here. I am not getting my hopes up.

how incredibly sad these cases are even argued in SCOTUS. The 2A is crystal clear - "Shall not be infringed".
How far have we come from no gun control to near annihilation of the 2A in these short years. :(
I have been saying that for over 20 yrs. Because of corrupt politicians and courts. The very things we the people should be protecting the constitution from.

The courts are just another wing of the gov, expecting them to do anything for freedom is going to end in disappointment.
Lets think about what the 2nd A really represents and who it was meant to protect the us from. Now look around at who people are looking to to step in and save us. Its like expecting a burglar who has been robbing you your whole life to maintain your alarm system.

So Thursday or Friday right? Most likely Friday I would say. Hopefully the judges and their families will be somewhere safe when these opinions are released. Some of the nutters are already calling for "demonstrations."

Back
Top Bottom