Lasermax guide rod laser, anyone used it?

I was wondering if anyone has one or has used one of the Lasermax guide rod lasers? It looked like a great product but didn't want to "jump into" anything before I heard what folks thought of it, it is NOT the cheapest accessory after all! [smile] The concept seems like a good one since it doesn't add any weight or bulk to the firearm, no "new" holster etc.

After the first couple mags, the powder residue builds up on the lens and distorts the laser, and they are wayyy more expensive than crimson trace, and arnt adjustable for distance (which isnt always necessary, but a nice option to have).

I've had one in my Beretta 96 (stainless Vertec) for years now (of course the past 5 it's played a pretty lame role in the safe). I shot it regularly with the laser (that blinks super fast) for over a year with good results. I didn't experience any distorting of the beam - but I'm sure it could happen. I do like that it has almost NO affect on holster choices.

I was concerned about any build up of powder residue, that was one of my thoughts, so I guess that it might not be as good as presented in Ads for it. I may have to do a little more research into the CT lasergrips before going with a LaserMax then.

I've had both the Lasermax, and the CT Lasergrips. I perfer the Lasermax. Nothing to adjust. Never had an issue with clouding, just clean the lens after each range cycle.

that's kind of what I thought you were going to say but had to ask, my thing is that I like the concept of it not changing the gun's look or feel like for instance the CT lasergrip would, BUT now I am starting to wonder if maybe most holsters would work with the CT grip anyway due to how it mounts. still confused but getting this all sorted out slowly! :)

...I like the concept of it not changing the gun's look or feel like for instance the CT lasergrip would, BUT now I am starting to wonder if maybe most holsters would work with the CT grip anyway due to how it mounts...

Exactly why I like the LM over the CT. I really don't like the idea of changing the Glock grip.

I did not like that the slide lock was replaced with a "wider" version as with my grip (thumbs forward) I tended to flick the laser on without thinking about it. Maybe a good thing for some. Also, if you use a stiff leather holster you can accidentally turn the laser on when you reholster.

The newer model laser's slide lock may have been upgraded with one that is not as wide as the one I have as it is an older model.

I did not like that the slide lock was replaced with a "wider" version as with my grip (thumbs forward) I tended to flick the laser on without thinking about it. Maybe a good thing for some. Also, if you use a stiff leather holster you can accidentally turn the laser on when you reholster.

The newer model laser's slide lock may have been upgraded with one that is not as wide as the one I have as it is an older model.

Accidental turning on of the laser was another question I had, I suppose it wouldn't be the "End of the World" but could be an annoyance.

Never had mine turn on accidently, the detent is pretty positive.

Actually, if I put the gun in my crossbreed supertuck with the laser on the switch automatically goes to off (center). I thought that was pretty funny.

Never had mine turn on accidently, the detent is pretty positive.

Actually, if I put the gun in my crossbreed supertuck with the laser on the switch automatically goes to off (center). I thought that was pretty funny.

Hey that's pretty cool! automatic shut off for the laser just holster it! LOL!

The problem with the G23 was my forward thumb knuckle rested naturally at the point where the lock is located, so as I drew and fired my thumb would always be at that point.

Only bad part about it clicking on is having to replace the tiny batteries as needed. That and using a holster that was open at the bottom and looking down with a light tee covering my waist to find a glowing red dot outlined on my clothes.

Back
Top Bottom