Laser Training Aids

Have some Amazon money from Christmas and I’m thinking about getting some sort of laser training aid. The sirt pistol looks great but it’s expensive. The LaserLyte pistol is more affordable but it probably wouldn’t fit any holsters. I know there are others but haven’t run across them. Any others or any experiences y’all could share?

I bought a cool unit from the classifieds that goes in as an AR bolt.

I broke the battery contact by accident and sent it back for repair at my expense.

I have it back and can’t wait to use it.

I forgot what it’s called.

laser-ammo

Surestrike and L.A.S.R. Pro software

Really good, but you need a DA pistol or revolver. SA or striker will drive you nuts (unless the latter is a self-cocker like a P7M8 or P7M13).

what the heck is so different about the design of Geisselle triggers that it won't work?

i'd offer to buy it, but that's all I have in my AR's :D

The device works like this. You replace the bolt with the unit. The bolt takes up the whole space and you can't rack the charging handle. The trigger hammer has nowhere to go. That is by design. However, when you pull the trigger, the trigger moves a bit. Part of the internal part inside the trigger group moves. This small movement pushes up on a thin metal piece (that you install inside the trigger area) (1/2 the size of a toothpick) that then pushes into the bottom of the plastic AR bolt. The AR bolt has a little "button" in the bottom that activates the laser.

Whenever you pull the trigger the laser lights up. You can pull it has much as you want but the trigger movement is very short. It is just enough activate the "button" in the bottom of the AR bolt. It's really a brilliant design but very delicate to install. (All plastic).

The problem with the Geisselle trigger is that the internal parts do not move much compared to a standard mil spec trigger. Anyone worth their salt uses a Geisselle trigger rather than a crappy mil spec trigger.

Eventually, I will put this AR Bolt up for sale in the classifieds. I have to replace a part though. I trimmed the tiny plastic "shoe" that fits into the trigger and hold a small part. I thought that might help but it did not. So when the new owner gets the unit, it will be good as new.

Mine is the really nice Green laser, too. It's worth over $200 + shipping new. It's really nice but before you ever train with a laser for god sake upgrade your trigger to a Geiselle. However, after doing so this laser trainer wont work.

catch 22 dude...lol

that's ridiculous that it won't work with the best triggers available on the market!?!?!

I'll just get the Sure Strike and deal with racking the charging handle after each shot. I need the muscle memory anyway so, why not.

I can also use the Sure Strike laser inside multiple calibers. Using it in a 9mm Glock would be great for practice racking the slide.

This is the one I have:

SIRT Bolt - Next Level Training

I finally had a few hours to play around... So I thought. After hours of adjustment, I found it does not work with Geisselle triggers. What a bummer and a waste of money. It was so promising. Now I'm stuck with a $200 unit that I can't even use.

So, I want to get this now...

SureStrike™ Ultimate LE Edition - Laser Training Laser Ammo

I don't think there was anything new at SHOT Show this year.

Shit man, I'm sorry you got stuck with that thing.
I was considering this bolt and emailed them to find out if it's compatible with Geisselee. They wanted a picture, I sent them a stock one, they said yes, the tail of the trigger is exposed, it should work.
I was about to pull a trigger(no pun intended) when I read your post.

Shit man, I'm sorry you got stuck with that thing.
I was considering this bolt and emailed them to find out if it's compatible with Geisselee. They wanted a picture, I sent them a stock one, they said yes, the tail of the trigger is exposed, it should work.
I was about to pull a trigger(no pun intended) when I read your post.

I'm going to call them on Monday to see if they offer a suggestion.

I'll just get the Sure Strike and deal with racking the charging handle after each shot. I need the muscle memory anyway so, why not.

Be careful with that, good friend of mine practices like that (laser bullet in a Glock). At an IDPA a few of us witnessed him take a shot then rack and eject a round. We all laughed at him, he barely remembers doing it and was none too pleased.

I have a SIRT gun (G17 style). Seems decent, I just dont use it as much as I should. I did replace the front sight with a real glock sight.

Back
Top Bottom