LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?

Which barrel is better, the PrederAR or the Stealth in 556?

it looks like the stealth is actually chambered in 223 Wylde, is that correct?

Depends on the application.
PredatAR is their lightweight option, Stealth is a heavier barrel. Both good options depending on what you want.

Which barrel is better, the PrederAR or the Stealth in 556?

it looks like the stealth is actually chambered in 223 Wylde, is that correct?

I have a kinda dumb question, I don't own an AR so I cant just check. Is there anything else needed to complete this aside from a lower? Does it need a buffer spring?

I think it’s truly just the stripped lower according to a review I read. I’m probably the last person in this thread to ask though - mine doesn’t show up until tomorrow.

Here’s the parts list from LaRue:

What’s in the box:
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Upper Receiver (M4 feedramps) with forward assist and dust cover installed
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Handguard with Barrel Nut and Barrel Nut Wrench
Mil-spec Charging Handle
Mil-spec Bolt Carrier Group
LaRue Barrel
LaRue LT202 Gas Block and Gas Tube
LaRue Tranquilo Muzzle Brake
LaRue RAT Stock with RAT Rod Kit
LaRue LT629 Receiver Extension Tube, Castle Nut, Latch Plate, Carbine Spring and Buffer
LaRue LT-TAC Trigger Action Chassis with APEG grip, safety, and LTMBT-2S Trigger installed
Lower Parts Kit (all remaining springs, pins and detents to complete out your stripped lower)
Index Clips

Last edited:
I think it’s truly just the stripped lower according to a review I read. Here’s the parts list from LaRue:

What’s in the box:
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Upper Receiver (M4 feedramps) with forward assist and dust cover installed
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Handguard with Barrel Nut and Barrel Nut Wrench
Mil-spec Charging Handle
Mil-spec Bolt Carrier Group
LaRue Barrel
LaRue LT202 Gas Block and Gas Tube
LaRue Tranquilo Muzzle Brake
LaRue RAT Stock with RAT Rod Kit
LaRue LT629 Receiver Extension Tube, Castle Nut, Latch Plate, Carbine Spring and Buffer
LaRue LT-TAC Trigger Action Chassis with APEG grip, safety, and LTMBT-2S Trigger installed
Lower Parts Kit (all remaining springs, pins and detents to complete out your stripped lower)
Index Clips
Perfect, thanks

Looks like it is happening - an email came 2 hrs ago and tracking not yet resolving, not yet picked up. 18" stealth build.

Tracking #Contents
Ship Date
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Tracking available after carrier pickup)
1 x LaRue 5.56 Upper Receiver (M-LOK Handguard) 13.0"/BLK
1 x LaRue $99 M4 Barrel (Stealth 5.56 - 18" Barrel)
1 x LaRue 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group (LaRue Bolt Carrier)
1 x LaRue Gas Block/Tube Assembly
1 x LaRue TranQuilo 5.56 Muzzle Brake/Adapter
1 x LaRue Tactical Polymer Combo Package (Black/Rough/AR15)
1 x LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger
1 x Assembled
03/26/2021​

Last edited:
So I tried, and failed, to remove the muzzle brake. First was with the heat gun and then with a torch (per Larue). Shipping it back to them for removal.

FYI, for anyone else ordering, if you choose to have it assembled, by default they will green loctite the brake on which is a problem if you want to have it pinned, or swap it out.

So I tried, and failed, to remove the muzzle brake. First was with the heat gun and then with a torch (per Larue). Shipping it back to them for removal.

FYI, for anyone else ordering, if you choose to have it assembled, by default they will green loctite the brake on which is a problem if you want to have it pinned, or swap it out.
They emailed me back when I placed my order on my question about the brake that they will include a note to assembly to have brake set hand tight only. Will see when I get it - what did they do.

Have you confirmed that the model they include is not acceptable in MA no matter what?

They emailed me back when I placed my order on my question about the brake that they will include a note to assembly to have brake set hand tight only. Will see when I get it - what did they do.

Have you confirmed that the model they include is not acceptable in MA no matter what?

The brake is found for MA purposes (not a flash suppressor), but per the law you would have to get it pinned and welded to r silver soldiered. At least that is my understanding.

Is green loctite (but no p/w) permanent enough for MA purposes? Not familiar with the stuff.

My understanding is no. It would have to be pinned and welded or silver soldiered. I am sure there are other options out there.

Practically speaking, i could not get it off so it sure seems pretty permanent.

I have a kinda dumb question, I don't own an AR so I cant just check. Is there anything else needed to complete this aside from a lower? Does it need a buffer spring?

as others said, the only thing you need that is not included in the UU kit is a stripped lower and a trigger guard if you use a stripped lower with an open trigger

Is green loctite (but no p/w) permanent enough for MA purposes? Not familiar with the stuff.
There are a few types of green loctite. This type is just like red loctite in terms of torque and heat it can take. The difference is its wicking. There’s no way to know what qualifies for MA. Safest bet is to follow what the ATF guidelines were during the federal ban (same rules as permanence to meet 16”). But honestly, I highly doubt a MA LEO is going to take a torch to your muzzle devices to get it to 500 degrees to see if your muzzle device is fixed.
The brake is found for MA purposes (not a flash suppressor), but per the law you would have to get it pinned and welded to r silver soldiered. At least that is my understanding.
That’s federal guidance from the ATF in order for the muzzle device to count as part of the barrel length. And it was the ATF guidance during the federal AWB too. It is not MA law and MA offers zero guidance for what would qualify as making the barrel no longer have threads to accommodate
a flash suppressor. But, the ATF guidance would be pretty safe in MA and easily defensible in court. But that doesn’t mean red loctite wouldn’t suffice. We just don’t know.

To those who have the UU kit. How did you fix the stock to comply with the MA AWB bs? I’m thinking about drilling the adjustment on the stock and putting a roll pin through it but want to hear others thoughts first. Thanks

To those who have the UU kit. How did you fix the stock to comply with the MA AWB bs? I’m thinking about drilling the adjustment on the stock and putting a roll pin through it but want to hear others thoughts first. Thanks

The larue stock is very difficult to massify nicely.
Get a magpul if you want to go that route, they’re easy.

They are very easy to remove however so one could buy a cheap fixed stock to slide onto the buffer for transport.
If you decide to replace the larue with another stock and want to sell let me know, I’ll buy it.

Was that with the 14.5 inch stealth barrel or the 16 inch predatAR barrel?

Ended up redirecting my order to go directly to the gunsmith to see what he can do with the brake, as I think I want to swap it out. Thanks for the heads up 22lr.

Finished mine this morning and took it to the range. Im very happy with it, I might put an order in for another soon

Back
Top Bottom