LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?

I don't know that I disagree; but I'm leery of swapping someone else's upper in. The carbine went together perfectly and feels really good. I'll have to see what my wife says when she shoots it. If it's an issue for her, I'll look into it. It'd be simpler for me if Larue made one - but they don't.
True it would be easier if they did.

I don't know that I disagree; but I'm leery of swapping someone else's upper in. The carbine went together perfectly and feels really good. I'll have to see what my wife says when she shoots it. If it's an issue for her, I'll look into it. It'd be simpler for me if Larue made one - but they don't.
only lefty I'm aware of is from Stag and Rock River. Whether they will ship it to you depends on where you live. No issues putting any upper on any lower as long as they are both mil-spec

STAG 15 Uppers | StagArms.com

.223/5.56mm LEF-T (rockriverarms.com)

Anybody have any experience with the LaRue ultimate upper kit? Seems like a good value; I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

I am close to jumping on one for 5.56.
LaRue is top notch everything. You can't go wrong.

In,.. Buddy got his two weeks ago after 2 month wait. Says build quality is excellent. Everything minus the lower + quality trigger and barrel = great value. Also barrels are sub MOA.

I have a few of them, solid upper for a very good deal, just be prepared to wait, it will be a few months after you order before you see it

Thanks Man! I got a friggin herd of those Dillo's, last order I got a blue one!
Lol, a "herd" of Dillos 🤣 It's definitely random what they throw in the orders. One time I received two of their Tactical Caps free in an order that was under $100. Maybe they weren't selling well, lol.

I did not see that as an option from Laure at the time I ordered. Is it available? (Yeah, I'll go check out their site).

If it's available, I might buy one and swap it. It's only money, right?
I shoot long guns left and actually prefer a right handed upper. As long as I have an ambi charging handle. Clearing malfunctions is a piece of cake when you can see right into the ejection port.

I shoot long guns left and actually prefer a right handed upper. As long as I have an ambi charging handle. Clearing malfunctions is a piece of cake when you can see right into the ejection port.
Left handed here and I've trained myself to ignore the casing that flies out of the ejection port seeing all my rifles are "made" for right handed. All my rifles run an ambi handle and safety for ease of use for the "black sheep" of the family.

LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?​

FYI spoke with them today and they said they are still about 6 months behind.
Demand for everything is unbelievable. I was just looking around for Glock firing pins - I found them, but they're sold out in a number of places that I wouldn't have expected.

I have purchased a couple of Ultimate Upper kits. I've also gotten some friends to buy.

Its a solid deal on good stuff. The lighter PredatAR barrel on the rifle I have starts walking after 10 rounds or so.
I've shot it from rest only once, but here were my results.

1) 55 GR lake city - 4 moa
2) 62 GR green tips - 2.5 - 3 MOA
3) 69 gr SMK precision reloads (made on a single stage as opposed to cranked out on my Dillon) - 1.5 moa.

I write this with the caveat that the optic on the gun was only a 1-4. I'm confident if I really worked on my NPOA and used a 12X or more scope, I could do better than 1 MOA with my reloads.

Also, my groups are the average of multiple 5 shots groups. These are not cherry picked 3 shot groups. By that measure, the groups would be much smaller.

I have had zero malfunctions with my rifles and neither have my friends. I have somewhere between 600 and 700 rounds through mine.

Left handed here and I've trained myself to ignore the casing that flies out of the ejection port seeing all my rifles are "made" for right handed. All my rifles run an ambi handle and safety for ease of use for the "black sheep" of the family.

As a lefty, I believe in learning to run a regular RH gun. With that said, I do add an ambi CH and an ambi selector.

I haven’t assembled on my lower yet but the build quality is excellent. I ordered mine in November when they said 3 months out and I had it within 1 month. I bought when they had free assembly, I think it’s an extra hundred now. I couldn’t believe it was only 800 bucks

Attachments

• C3056491-D454-449A-85A8-50473AA18CCC.jpeg
    C3056491-D454-449A-85A8-50473AA18CCC.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 46
I just ordered a 5.56, 20” with 13.5” hand guard included all the options including assembly.

I’ll just have to pick a scope next.

*********ON EDIT******

Ordered a Trijicon 3-9x40 Accupoint with Larue LT104 mount (they have it as a combo) and bought Tenebrex ARDs for this on and my 5-20x50

Last edited:
I just ordered a 5.56, 20” with 13.5” hand guard included all the options including assembly.

I’ll just have to pick a scope next.
I'm sitting on an orser for a 14.5 p/w 5.56 upper with the 13.5 handgaurd, and getting antsy. I'm also looking at optics, this will be my first 'actual' AR

I have purchased a couple of Ultimate Upper kits. I've also gotten some friends to buy.

Its a solid deal on good stuff. The lighter PredatAR barrel on the rifle I have starts walking after 10 rounds or so.

3) 69 gr SMK precision reloads (made on a single stage as opposed to cranked out on my Dillon) - 1.5 moa.

I write this with the caveat that the optic on the gun was only a 1-4. I'm confident if I really worked on my NPOA and used a 12X or more scope, I could do better than 1 MOA with my reloads.

Also, my groups are the average of multiple 5 shots groups. These are not cherry picked 3 shot groups. By that measure, the groups would be much smaller.

I have had zero malfunctions with my rifles and neither have my friends. I have somewhere between 600 and 700 rounds through mine.
Great info, thanks.

Also, in these times of ammo scarcity, you can assess accurate assessments of a barrel’s grouping capability, with only 3 rounds.

Using Litz’ dispersion chart, it works out pretty well to assess how groups will increase:
7446E366-DFD8-4708-8FAC-910CE6EC8022.jpeg
27FE1AB2-603F-4773-B2BC-D56725957284.jpeg

I'm sitting on an orser for a 14.5 p/w 5.56 upper with the 13.5 handgaurd, and getting antsy. I'm also looking at optics, this will be my first 'actual' AR
do not get antsy, it is a 4-6 months wait. i am also waiting for one, an 18" stealth, i think it is well worth the wait.
you are doing a short barrel one - so, get a prism, like one i posted somewhere, a $199 primary arms from opticsplanet.

18" stealth according to what people say should be way better than 4moa, if it will be doing 4moa i will sell it.
a 16" tavor of mine does 2.5-3moa on a steel tula.

again, from what i was reading i do expect it be 1-1.5 moa or better. will see. may be it is an unrealistic expectation. who knows.

i was also debating between 20" and 18" but based on what i saw on forums there is no much benefit from 20", it seems, and with a muzzle thing pinned/welded it gets a bit long. a twist of 18" and length should be, probably, optimal. but, if it will not group better than a tavor - grr.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom