LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?

Anybody have any experience with the LaRue ultimate upper kit? Seems like a good value; I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

I am close to jumping on one for 5.56.

A friend of mine recommended them to me, I did some reading online and built an ambi ar15 for my wife using it on top of a CMT lower. (GEN 3 UHP15A AMBI Billet Lower Receiver)

It has not been shot yet, (waiting for wife to recover from serious surgery - and it's HER gun), but it went together well and feels solid.
... your a better man than I lol id have a thousand rounds through it by now

Do it! You won't be disappointed. Mine took about a month-and-a-half from the time I ordered until I received it. Quality is LaRue , which is to say it's fantastic. LaRue will assemble it for you and pin & weld the muzzle break for you. I haven't shot it yet because I've been working crazy hours and ammo is at a premium but I don't foresee any issues. It's an incredible value.

Attachments

• LaRue1.jpg
    LaRue1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 169
  • LaRue.jpg
    LaRue.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 167
The only thing I don’t like about them is only being able to get their brake. I’m not really a brake guy. But in general, I’m a big fan of Larue products. And their upper kits have near-monolithic handguards due to their attachment system with the upper.

looking at this it's a crazy stupid value - For 800 Bucks - You get
  • the complete upper pinned and welded
  • 10 or 13" Mlok handguard
  • Charging handle
  • Buffer tube, buffer, spring
  • Bolt carrier Group
  • Larue Stock
  • Grip
  • Choice of Larue Trigger
  • Lower Parts Kit
  • Index Clips
All you need is a lower receiver and you're done

Assuming Exec orders or laws have not been changed by then. I also have plenty of spare build parts if needed. Always have a Plan B.

What barrel did you go with? I am reading that the stealth is very heavy.

Edit: 14.5 stealth is 2.25 lb vs 16” PredatAR at 1lb 9 oz. according to Arfcom. Wish they would make a 14.5 PredatAR!

Ordered but in an email with support they said it’s been a 3-5 month wait time the last few months.

I ordered the 14.5 p&w so with the brake it comes to 16 finished. I already have a couple 16 barrels and mid gas tubes to build longer if I want.

Ah yeah thats different lol monogrammed makes it different

CMT ambi lower, because she's left-handed, engraved with her initials by CMT.
Check out the Larue stock, it has a "trigger" in it to release the pin so you can adjust the stock.
Closeup picture of the "bolt up" from upper to handguard, that's a Sparc sitting on top.
Note the threads on the outside of the muzzle brake - easily adaptable for suppressor.

IMG_1915.JPG
IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPGIMG_1918.JPG

She sure is purtty I'm jelly you got od... all thats left is black on the site

How do you like the grip it looks like shit to me lol I wanna know if I should snag a moe k2 when I buy it

O and you wanna adopt a 33 year old male? I cook and clean

She sure is purtty I'm jelly you got od... all thats left is black on the site

How do you like the grip it looks like shit to me lol I wanna know if I should snag a moe k2 when I buy it

O and you wanna adopt a 33 year old male? I cook and clean

Grip came with the ultimate parts kit, it feels fine, rifle balances nice holding it.
My 35 year old son just moved into his own home a couple of months ago after living here for the past four years - so - NO.

Wow, you must really like your significant other or preemptively bought yourself an AR for when she goes kaput.

Smart thinking...;)

We'll celebrate our 20th anniversary this coming May - I love her.

And I have my own ARs. I mostly built her one because she's left-handed, I'm not. She doesn't like shooting most of my guns, they're set up for me. This one's set up for her. I spent the money on quality parts because I didn't want her to have issues with it.

We'll celebrate our 20th anniversary this coming May - I love her.

And I have my own ARs. I mostly built her one because she's left-handed, I'm not. She doesn't like shooting most of my guns, they're set up for me. This one's set up for her. I spent the money on quality parts because I didn't want her to have issues with it.
Out of curiosity why didn't you snag a left handed ejection upper?

I did not see that as an option from Laure at the time I ordered. Is it available? (Yeah, I'll go check out their site).

If it's available, I might buy one and swap it. It's only money, right?

Nope, not available as an option, and doesn't seem to be available as a purchasable item from Larue.

You guys are jerks..
Just configured a 14.5 (love that they can weld), with BCG, comp, trigger, fully assembled (sans trigger obviously) for $792

(anyone see a charging handle?)

and now I’m putting my CC in....can I borrow someone else’s.?

agree though..I was looking at BCM and with all of this it was over 1k.

I did not see that as an option from Laure at the time I ordered. Is it available? (Yeah, I'll go check out their site).

If it's available, I might buy one and swap it. It's only money, right?
Idk if larue makes em but a few places do...an upper is an upper is an upper imo its the parts inside that make a difference

You guys are jerks..
Just configured a 14.5 (love that they can weld), with BCG, comp, trigger, fully assembled (sans trigger obviously) for $792

(anyone see a charging handle?)

and now I’m putting my CC in....can I borrow someone else’s.?

agree though..I was looking at BCM and with all of this it was over 1k.
It comes with a run-of-the-mill charging handle , I swapped mine out for a Radian Raptor !

Idk if larue makes em but a few places do...an upper is an upper is an upper imo its the parts inside that make a difference

I don't know that I disagree; but I'm leery of swapping someone else's upper in. The carbine went together perfectly and feels really good. I'll have to see what my wife says when she shoots it. If it's an issue for her, I'll look into it. It'd be simpler for me if Larue made one - but they don't.

Back
Top Bottom