• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit?

What stock is provided with the kit for MA residents?
I see the website states "LaRue Tactical will not pin a collapsible stock (in those cases, we ship with a fixed A2 Stock)"
but I'm thinking a kit is just a kit and the provided upper is this one:
View attachment 461827
You get the same stock as everyone else, they leave it up to you to do what you need to in order to be compliant

Ordered a 16” stealth barrel UU kit earlier this week it shipped yesterday afternoon, delivery Saturday. Probably got lucky with timing and they did a run of those
looks like a pattern - a 14" and now 16". just hope to see my 18" next, some time soon. :)
lucky folks who only got weeks to wait to get into a batch.

looks like a pattern - a 14" and now 16". just hope to see my 18" next, some time soon. :)

I assumed it would be a few months until it shipped, it was less than 4 days. I'm assuming, as someone else mentioned, that they do batches. They probably one available instantly so it shipped right away. Mine is all black, the most common, so that might be a factor for some if they're choosing other color combinations. Ordered a stripped lower separately, CS rep at Larue said those usually ship in a few months. I have a few stripped lowers already so I'll mount it there until the Larue one arrives.

I also thinking of snagging a stealth 18”, but my range only goes out to 100 yards, lol. What made you go that route?

Looks like they also killed the free assembly :(

I also thinking of snagging a stealth 18”, but my range only goes out to 100 yards, lol. What made you go that route?

Looks like they also killed the free assembly :(
harvard has up to 300yds ranges, and, an 18" AR barrel should be capable of MOA accuracy. i already have a 2moa battle weapon - x95 that does 2moa spread.
may be better, but, i did not get any proper 77gr ammo to test it with.

so, i just wanted something a bit more accurate in .223.
a 20" would be potentially a bit better, but, it would be too long for a bag i already have with a muzzle break on it, so, an 18" it was.

Any of you guys try to remove the tranquilo muzzle brake?

I think it looks a bit goofy (and heavy) and am looking to swap. According to Larue they are installed with green loctite and I would need to use a MappGas torch to remove it. Uggh..

Any danger in heating up the barrel with a torch?! I am not sure I like that idea.

I think it looks a bit goofy (and heavy) and am looking to swap. According to Larue they are installed with green loctite and I would need to use a MappGas torch to remove it. Uggh..

Any danger in heating up the barrel with a torch?! I am not sure I like that idea.
I believe there are other ways to dissolve it with water...but thats with water...if you hear it you need to keep the barrel itself cool...

I left mine on, you can request they don't install it, but if you have it, it's too late to ask

do not use a torch. bring it to the smith if you not sure how to deal with it, it should not cost you an arm an a leg to unbolt it.
also, if you are in MA you would need a different one pinned/soldered, so, would need to come off anyway.

I believe there are other ways to dissolve it with water...but thats with water...if you hear it you need to keep the barrel itself cool...

I left mine on, you can request they don't install it, but if you have it, it's too late to ask

how does it shoot with it on? some brakes aren’t too bad but others create a crazy amount of flash and bang.

My general take on this is "if you have to ask, you're not qualified to do it". If it were my upper, I'd take it to a reputable gunsmith; I'd be scared to use a torch on the barrel.

Torching brake rotors is one thing, a barrel is another...

Edit: ignore me, in a dumbass and there are two green loctite thread lockers. They use the color for wicking thread lockers in addition to the loctites for sleeve fits.

290 goes up to 300F and 294 goes up to 450F.

Last edited:
So does the Tranquilo brake need to be removed or capped or something if you’re in MA given that it’s threaded for a suppressor?

This is a brake

It is supposed to prevent installation of a silencer.

The AWB issue with threaded barrels was about being able to attach flash hiders though, right?

The tranquilo is a muzzle brake, but it’s also a suppressor adapter. My question is whether the threads on the end of it are an issue under MA AWB. Threaded barrels are, and when pinned/welded to the barrel the brake is part of the barrel, no?

Yes and the point of pin/weld is the preventative measure against silencer installation - no thread.

Back
Top Bottom